4. Optical Illusion Pictures. Buzzfeed has some of the most amazing optical illusion pictures ever. That girl above is not touching her crotch (even though it appears that way at first glance).
5. The NYPD Fails At Twitter. The NYPD created a hashtag for civilians to upload pictures they had taken with the Police and it went horribly and hilariously wrong. Glad to know there are people out there that are worse at Twitter than I am!
6. Greek Yogurt. It’s taking over the World. (I don’t mind because I love it.)
Hey Guys! Mother’s Day is May 11th this year. That is about two and a half weeks out. So, I figured I would use today’s cyber shopping spree as an opportunity to scope out things for Mom.
1. Tocca Florence Candle. This scent by Tocca is my favorite thing in the entire World. This candle is so fancy and delicate. It even comes with a little box of wooden matches.
2. Starbucks Create-Your-Own Tumbler. My hubby bought this for me one year and had our daughter color a picture to put inside it. I use it every day. It feels like I am taking a piece of her with me to work.
3. Creme De La Mer. Help Mom retain her youth with this uber famous moisturizer.
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Delight. I have loved Marc Jacobs since his first scent was released in 2001 (geez, that just made me feel old). His fragrances are light, refreshing and beautiful.
5. Ugg Nala Slipper. Is there anything better than a cozy pair of slippers? These are great for Moms, Wives, Grandmothers. The color is adorable and Uggs are such a treat for your feet!
I am usually a goal-oriented, motivated chick. Sometimes, I will pretend that I want to lay on the couch with my hubby/daughter and watch TV on the weekends but after an hour I am all, “anyone want to take a ride with me to Pier 1?”
Today, however, I am totally and completely devoid of motivation…and that is okay. I’m not going to beat myself up. Instead, I am going to leave you guys with this gem that had me HYSTERICAL laughing. I hope they make more of these…
Good morning my loves! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We hosted Easter at our house yesterday and I am still stuffed. It was one of those perfect days where the Sun was shining, the Sangria was flowing and I laughed and laughed. It felt very satisfying.
Taylor had given up all sweets for Lent and she was finally able to indulge in some chocolate. She woke up super early and couldn’t wait to check out her basket and hunt for eggs.
I’m glad that I got to gorge on all that delicious food because I feel so full and horrible that I can really commit to my Springtime diet starting today. No more Cadbury Eggs for this gal. Clean eating and organic only from here on out.
Happy Friday! This week was one of the best that I have had in a long time! Taylor and I traveled out to Long Island to visit with my one of beautiful besties and her kiddos for Spring Break. My face hurts from smiling so much.
1. As per our usual, we started our trip with a selfie. Look at Taylor’s face. Bwahahah! She looks like Popeye. I cant even take her.
2. Our first stop was the Riverhead Aquarium, where we got to hang with my adorable nephew, Greggers, and my fab sister in law.
3. The next day we went to the Riverhead Outlets and WE CLEANED UP. I managed to score the above duvet cover with two matching shams from Pottery Barn Teen for $40! Taylor has been wanting to change her room from the current pink princess theme to something more sophisticated for a while. When she saw this cheetah print bedding at Pottery Barn Teen she fell in love. I will post pictures when we begin the tween room transition but at least we have a starting point now.
4. This pic is a little blurry due to all the jumping but we also took the girls to a trampoline park and they had a BLAST! It was great exercise. By the time we left my daughter was red-faced, sweaty and tuckered out. It was a total success in my book.
5. On my last night there Tiff and I left the kids at home and met another girlfriend out for a grown up dinner and some wine. It was the perfect end to a really, really great trip.
I am linking up with Natasha, Lauren and Jennie this week. If you get a chance, swing on by and show them some love!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am so looking forward to Easter!
Hello my loves! I am back from my trip to Long Island and eager to share a few things with you! The first (and the topic of today’s post) is PISTACHIO FRUIT DIP! As I have mentioned in other posts, I am trying to eat better. Over the weekend my friend was hosting an Easter egg-dying party for a group of our friends and their kids. She wanted to put out something healthy for everyone to nosh on. I did a mental inventory and remembered this delicious dip one of my girls brought to a party at my house last year. I did a Google search, modified it a bit (to make it lower in fat/calories) and here is what I came up with:
This was so so so easy. There really are not enough so’s in the World for how easy this was. It consists of three ingredients. THREE!
They are: skim milk, two boxes of Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding and Cool Whip. (I used Lite Cool Whip because that was what they had but in the future I might use fat free).
Step One: In a large bowl pour 2 cups of milk over the contents of the two boxes of pudding mix.
Step Two: Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding/milk mixture.
Finally, cover the bowl and put in the fridge for an hour to chill.
Serve with cut up fruit or eat it with a spoon (seriously it is that good).
My friends FREAKED over this dip. My daughter described it as a pistachio marshmallow fluff. Either way it is SUPER easy, inexpensive, low calorie and very impressive. It was so delicious that my friend and I made another batch the next day and sat around eating it with cut up strawberries and watching Bravo. It is perfect for that, too.
4. Michael Kors Kayden. These are more flirty and special than just a regular old flip flop plus I love the rubber material. You can get these wet and not have to worry.
5. DV by Dolce Vita Brielle. These shoes are just sex on a stick. In reality I cant wear them because I am 5’11 and I would look like a transvestite but in my dreams I only 5’4 and rock these every day. #tallgirlproblems.
I am so excited for Easter this weekend! We usually host friends and family at our house. It is such a nice kickoff to the Spring. This year Taylor gave up sweets for Lent and has not had any cookies/candy/ice cream since March! She is looking forward to noshing on the chocolate from her basket. I have found a bunch of adorable dessert ideas on Pinterest that I want to share as well…
Cadbury Egg Cupcakes! Eureka! Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a total Cadbury Egg FREAK! I love them! If I could only have one desert for the rest of my life I would choose the Cadbury Egg. These look freaking AMAZING!
Chocolate Bird’s Nest Cookies. These chocolate macaroon cookies are so cute and Eastery!
Carrot Strawberry Pudding Cups. This is really creative and adorable. I can picture the littles in my house loving this one!
Easter Kit Kat M&M Cake. I have made a few Kit Kat M&M Cakes and they are so impressive yet easy to make and super tasty. I am a big fan of coconut so I like the addition of the coconut flakes on top as grass. Very cute!
Hey Everyone! Happy Friday! My gosh – this week just flew by! I think it was due to all the excitement around here lately. Taylor and I are World travelers this month. Last weekend we took a girl’s road trip to Boston to visit one of my besties and her hilarious family. We had so much fun! Next weekend we are heading out to Long Island to spend FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS with family and friends. (We are originally from Long Island so it is a real treat to carve out a chunk of time to visit with everyone.) Here are my five favorite moments from this past week:
1. I have partnered with Flourish Boutique to bring you guys an awesome giveaway! Please visit here and enter for a chance to win a gift card for their awesome site (just in time for the warmer weather).
2. T and I have so much fun in the car together rocking out! Road trips are so much better with my sweet and hilarious daughter!
3. My girlfriend just got a new Maserati. I would be dying of jealousy and totally hate her except that she is the sweetest person I know and the most deserving of an awesome car. Check out T’s pose. Hahaha! She is such a ham!
4. We took the kids to open play at a local gym and Taylor and Kim showed off their handstand skills! Taylor was worn out afterwards. She went to bed super early and my friend and I went to see Bad Words with Jason Bateman. It was HILARIOUS! Highly recommend!
5. We stopped at Outpost Farms on the way back and got fresh baked breads, turkey pot pie and sandwiches that were AMAZING!
Hey Everyone! I am super excited to announce a new giveaway! Today I’m teaming up with Flourish Boutique to bring you a chance to win a $25 gift card for their online store.
As I have mentioned in the past, I have a slight dress obsession during the warmer months. When I found this one, it was love at first sight! It is super comfy and can be worn with heels, flats or boots to dress it up or down. I can throw it on with sandals to go shopping or some heels for date night.
Flourish Boutique offers free shipping on orders over $25 and as a bonus they are giving all my readers 20% off your first order with code: GLITTER. Happy Shopping!