Happy Friday! This week was one of the best that I have had in a long time! Taylor and I traveled out to Long Island to visit with my one of beautiful besties and her kiddos for Spring Break. My face hurts from smiling so much.
1. As per our usual, we started our trip with a selfie. Look at Taylor’s face. Bwahahah! She looks like Popeye. I cant even take her.
2. Our first stop was the Riverhead Aquarium, where we got to hang with my adorable nephew, Greggers, and my fab sister in law.
3. The next day we went to the Riverhead Outlets and WE CLEANED UP. I managed to score the above duvet cover with two matching shams from Pottery Barn Teen for $40! Taylor has been wanting to change her room from the current pink princess theme to something more sophisticated for a while. When she saw this cheetah print bedding at Pottery Barn Teen she fell in love. I will post pictures when we begin the tween room transition but at least we have a starting point now.
4. This pic is a little blurry due to all the jumping but we also took the girls to a trampoline park and they had a BLAST! It was great exercise. By the time we left my daughter was red-faced, sweaty and tuckered out. It was a total success in my book.
5. On my last night there Tiff and I left the kids at home and met another girlfriend out for a grown up dinner and some wine. It was the perfect end to a really, really great trip.
I am linking up with Natasha, Lauren and Jennie this week. If you get a chance, swing on by and show them some love!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am so looking forward to Easter!
Hello my loves! I am back from my trip to Long Island and eager to share a few things with you! The first (and the topic of today’s post) is PISTACHIO FRUIT DIP! As I have mentioned in other posts, I am trying to eat better. Over the weekend my friend was hosting an Easter egg-dying party for a group of our friends and their kids. She wanted to put out something healthy for everyone to nosh on. I did a mental inventory and remembered this delicious dip one of my girls brought to a party at my house last year. I did a Google search, modified it a bit (to make it lower in fat/calories) and here is what I came up with:
This was so so so easy. There really are not enough so’s in the World for how easy this was. It consists of three ingredients. THREE!
They are: skim milk, two boxes of Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding and Cool Whip. (I used Lite Cool Whip because that was what they had but in the future I might use fat free).
Step One: In a large bowl pour 2 cups of milk over the contents of the two boxes of pudding mix.
Step Two: Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding/milk mixture.
Finally, cover the bowl and put in the fridge for an hour to chill.
Serve with cut up fruit or eat it with a spoon (seriously it is that good).
My friends FREAKED over this dip. My daughter described it as a pistachio marshmallow fluff. Either way it is SUPER easy, inexpensive, low calorie and very impressive. It was so delicious that my friend and I made another batch the next day and sat around eating it with cut up strawberries and watching Bravo. It is perfect for that, too.
Hey Girls! Today we are going to be discussing a topic that most women love…SHOES! I love sandals! Here are a few that I would like to own for Spring/Summer 2014…
1. Seychelles In Control Wedge. So cute! Gimme gimme!
2. BP Bonsai Sandals. I love the gold detailing on these!
3. Chinese Laundry Carefree. Mint is so hot this Season and this is a perfect example.
4. Michael Kors Kayden. These are more flirty and special than just a regular old flip flop plus I love the rubber material. You can get these wet and not have to worry.
5. DV by Dolce Vita Brielle. These shoes are just sex on a stick. In reality I cant wear them because I am 5’11 and I would look like a transvestite but in my dreams I only 5’4 and rock these every day. #tallgirlproblems.
6. Sam Edelman Genette Sandals. I love the hammered gold hardware on the ankle cuff. These are so different and so tough-looking.
I am so excited for Easter this weekend! We usually host friends and family at our house. It is such a nice kickoff to the Spring. This year Taylor gave up sweets for Lent and has not had any cookies/candy/ice cream since March! She is looking forward to noshing on the chocolate from her basket. I have found a bunch of adorable dessert ideas on Pinterest that I want to share as well…
Cadbury Egg Cupcakes! Eureka! Anyone who knows me is aware that I am a total Cadbury Egg FREAK! I love them! If I could only have one desert for the rest of my life I would choose the Cadbury Egg. These look freaking AMAZING!
Chocolate Bird’s Nest Cookies. These chocolate macaroon cookies are so cute and Eastery!
Carrot Strawberry Pudding Cups. This is really creative and adorable. I can picture the littles in my house loving this one!
Easter Kit Kat M&M Cake. I have made a few Kit Kat M&M Cakes and they are so impressive yet easy to make and super tasty. I am a big fan of coconut so I like the addition of the coconut flakes on top as grass. Very cute!
Hey Everyone! Happy Friday! My gosh – this week just flew by! I think it was due to all the excitement around here lately. Taylor and I are World travelers this month. Last weekend we took a girl’s road trip to Boston to visit one of my besties and her hilarious family. We had so much fun! Next weekend we are heading out to Long Island to spend FIVE GLORIOUS DAYS with family and friends. (We are originally from Long Island so it is a real treat to carve out a chunk of time to visit with everyone.) Here are my five favorite moments from this past week:
1. I have partnered with Flourish Boutique to bring you guys an awesome giveaway! Please visit here and enter for a chance to win a gift card for their awesome site (just in time for the warmer weather).
2. T and I have so much fun in the car together rocking out! Road trips are so much better with my sweet and hilarious daughter!
3. My girlfriend just got a new Maserati. I would be dying of jealousy and totally hate her except that she is the sweetest person I know and the most deserving of an awesome car. Check out T’s pose. Hahaha! She is such a ham!
4. We took the kids to open play at a local gym and Taylor and Kim showed off their handstand skills! Taylor was worn out afterwards. She went to bed super early and my friend and I went to see Bad Words with Jason Bateman. It was HILARIOUS! Highly recommend!
5. We stopped at Outpost Farms on the way back and got fresh baked breads, turkey pot pie and sandwiches that were AMAZING!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Hey Everyone! I am super excited to announce a new giveaway! Today I’m teaming up with Flourish Boutique to bring you a chance to win a $25 gift card for their online store.
As I have mentioned in the past, I have a slight dress obsession during the warmer months. When I found this one, it was love at first sight! It is super comfy and can be worn with heels, flats or boots to dress it up or down. I can throw it on with sandals to go shopping or some heels for date night.
Flourish Boutique offers free shipping on orders over $25 and as a bonus they are giving all my readers 20% off your first order with code: GLITTER. Happy Shopping!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hey Ladies! Welcome to the latest addition of Want It Wednesday! I have been seeing so many adorable dresses (which are pretty much my Spring/Summer uniform) and I had to post a few of the standouts.
1. Betsey Johnson Spaghetti Strap Maxi Dress. I just bought this one. I love the feminine shape. It elongates the body and is so flattering.
2. Forever 21 Embroidered Dot Cami Dress. This is midi dress is only $28! It is classic white and the floaty, gauzy fabric is so fresh and crisp for Summer.
3. Two by Vince Camuto Folk Geo Maxi Dress. The pattern and colors on this maxi are so gorgeous! I would definitely wear this to have lunch with my girlfriends in the Spring/Summer.
4. Soft Joie Maxi Dress. Yum! How comfy does this look? This is a perfect example of why dresses are my favorite. You get to walk around in comfy cotton and still look girly and put together. I love it!
I am a Philosophy fan, so when I noticed that Sephora had a sample-sized version of their product, Hope in a Jar Night, available as a reward during my latest shopping trip, I was all over it.
I was so excited that I tried it the same night I bought it. After washing my face I slathered it on. Immediately, I was struck by two things. The first was that the smell is terrible. It reminds me of Elmer’s glue or some kind of familiar chemical. The second was the consistency of the product. This cream is thick. I felt like I was putting hand lotion on my face. I was really scared that it would cause me to break out but I held off from wiping it off. Immediately after applying it I realized that because of those two reasons I was not going to like it. There was no way I was going to use it again either.
UNTIL….I woke up the next day and not only had I not broken out…my skin looked radiant and smooth. I thought maybe it was a coincidence so I used it again. For the second time I was appalled by the odor and wary of the density of the product and again I awoke to a smooth and glowing face.
I did some more research and I learned that Hope in a Jar Night contains glycolic acid. I am assuming that is what makes your face so wonderfully glowing and smooth (and I think it is a safe bet to attribute the smell to that as well).
I have to say that the results that this product delivers far outweigh the few minutes of discomfort due to the bad smell and I would recommend it. I did not think I would be giving it a positive review in the minutes immediately following the first application. I was ready to re-wash my face and chuck the sample in the trash but I am glad I slept on it. I just bought the full-sized tub.
Have you guys ever tried a product, formed an opinion and then went on to be surprised by the outcome?
Yay! I always get so excited when I write this post. It means that the weekend is upon us! It also helps that the Sun is streaming through my office windows right now and (fingers crossed) Spring might be here to stay! Here are a few things that made me smile this week:
1. I came across these little beauties in Trader Joe’s last weekend! I always find myself throwing out half-used heads of garlic and leftover herbs. They start to go bad before I can get to them all. Or I need garlic and I realize I have none. These little cubes of goodness go in your freezer and you pop them right into your recipe. No muss, no fuss, no need to defrost. One cube equals one clove of garlic. I’m in love.
2. This is my last Trader Joe’s food related item on ALG for a while because it just occurred to me that I am becoming a total groupie. These almonds are AMAZING! I am a huge sweets person and I have been able to satisfy that craving by eating a few of these after dinner. So yummy.
3. I have been searching for new tan boots all Winter. Every pair I’ve tried had to be returned. Either they were they wrong shade of brown or they wound up being cheap-looking but I was never able to find my perfect pair. Then I happened upon these beauties and they were on sale! It was destiny! It is looking like Spring is here now so I might not get a lot of use out of them until Fall but it’s okay because the search is over and I will be able to break them out in October.
4. I ordered many things from Sephora this week because of their VIB sale (that is happening now – 15% off). I am loving this bronzer and the AWESOME brush I ordered to go with it.
5. Lastly, I am most excited because I am heading to Boston this weekend for an impromptu visit with one of my besties and her adorable offspring! I cant wait to see them!
I wish you all a lovely weekend! As usual, I am linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth, The Diary of a Real Housewife and Hello Happiness. If you get a moment, you should swing by their blogs and show some love.
Here are some awesome finds from around the internet:
1. A Beautiful Mess tested out different self tanners.
2. The Contemplative Creative made a stair slide with her kids out of a cardboard box and reminded me about the Mom I would like to be.
3. YouTuber Mikey Bolts is keeping the “Frozen” hype alive with his rendition of “Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” sung in the voices of “Family Guy” characters.
4. In honor of Peanut Butter Day (4/02), Martha Stewart BRINGS IT with some delicious PB-based recipes that I cant make because I am eating better. Boooooooo!
5. The Australian cast of the Lion King treated fellow passengers to a song during boarding.