Happy Friday Loves! This week started off a bit rough. Despite my weekend of rest I was still sick for Monday and Tuesday. I went to work on Monday and was so miserable that I wound up spending Tuesday in bed snuggled up with Jeter. Thank goodness I now feel 100% better!
Today I am linking up with Amanda, Darci and Dellafor my Friday faves. Let’s jump right in…
I started binge-watching this on Bravo on Demand during my bed rest and I am TOTALLY HOOKED! It is so good! If you don’t watch it…you should!
Taylor Swift looked totally gorg at the Brit Awards! Her dress is Roberto Cavalli Atelier. Love.
On Wednesday I got to visit the Dove Friendship Suite. They teamed up with Rocksbox to host a gifting lounge. I was able to snag some samples of their new dry deodorant. I am wearing today and it is AWESOME! I also got the opportunity to learn more about Rocksbox and their subscription jewelry service. I checked out their pieces and even choose a gorgeous necklace to keep! It was a hard decision but I went with the sparkly clear number on the lower left hand side. I am wearing it on date night tomorrow!
Speaking of date night – the hubby and I are going to our belated Valentine’s Day dinner this weekend! We will be dining at Uncle Jack’s Steakhouse. It is our favorite NYC spot and I am salivating just thinking about it!
How cute is this shirt? Definitely just bought it. I cant wait for it to come! It is purrrrrfect. (See what I did there? Hehe!)
I found this recipe on Pinterest about a week ago and finally got around to making it last Thursday. I let it cook all day in my slowcooker and it turned out AMAZING. My whole family was sick during the weekend and I was so thankful to have a big pot of this handy because we ate it for practically every meal. It is delicious and filling and perfect for the frigid temps we have been experiencing lately. My hubby was a huge fan and I am sure he will be requesting another batch in the near future.
The recipe was posted originally by the Kitchen Magpie and you can find it here. Enjoy!
Today I am linking up with Martinis & Bikinis for Tuesday’s Recipe Swap! If you get a chance, head on over and check her out. Her recipes rock! I have made quite a few of them in the past.
That pretty much sums up this past weekend. I took the day off on Friday because I didn’t feel well and Taylor and Billy were also sick. Good times…NOT.
It was freezing outside and it snowed AGAIN on Saturday. We just laid together on the couch for almost three days straight.
Some of the things we did manage to do were:
- Taylor chose this movie and it was actually really good. It was very suspenseful.
- I made these Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bars on Sunday after we were feeling a bit better and they were AMAZING. Super easy to make and very tasty.
- I also snuck out yesterday with Taylor after I started getting super stir crazy and got a mani/pedi. I went darker than I usually go but I am loving it.
Of course we capped off last night by watching the Oscars! My number one pick for best dressed was Jenna Dewan. Her look was perfect. She is always impeccable. Every detail works perfectly from he clutch to the jewelry. I feel a little bad for her though because everyone is always so busy drooling over her husband that she goes unnoticed. She is extremely underrated in my opinion.
I also really loved these looks:
Who were your favorites from last night?
I am linking up with my girl Biana for weekending. If you get a moment swing by her blog and show some love!
Happy Friday Loves! I always look forward to writing these posts because it means that the weekend is officially upon us! Even though it was a short week it still felt SUPER long to me for some reason.
Today I am linking up with the beautiful bride-to-be Amanda, Darci and Dellafor my Friday faves. Let’s get right into it…
How delicious does this Blueberry Vanilla Bread look? I found it while exploring Pinterest and I think I may make it this weekend. I always have blueberries in the house because I like them in my pancakes. Since I am the only one that eats them I wind up with nearly a full container left over every weekend. This would be a pretty yummy way to use them up.
I would love to DIY a pretty Easter wreath like the one above.
I have had this book for a little while but I am definitely planning to sit down and get into it this weekend. Do you guys read Sophie Hannah?
Oh em gee. Have you guys been watching Better Call Saul? Obsessed! If you haven’t watched it yet you should get on it. There have only been three episodes so far so it shouldn’t be that bad to catch up.
I just came across this picture of Blake on Pinterest and I am dying. She is my fave (although I am not sure what happened with the whole naming her baby girl James thing). I cant wait to be tan again!
Alright you guys…I am going to go whiten my teeth. (Thanks Blake.) I hope you all have a fab weekend! xo
This time of year can be very difficult for my poor husband. Between Christmas, Valentine’s Day, my birthday and our anniversary he has to think of a lot of gifts for me. Since I am such a kind and charitable wife I have compiled a list of ideas to help him out. We are about a month out from my b-day (which is St. Paddy’s Day). Obviously, I am not expecting all these things (although that would certainly be nice). These are just items that I have come across lately that I love but would not buy for myself. I think that description makes for the perfect present.
Tripod and DSLR Camera Remote. I have been playing with the idea of getting a tripod and remote for my DSLR camera so that I can start taking my own fashion photos for the blog. These are pretty inexpensive and they get great reviews.
Coordinates Collection Bracelet. I came across this Company on Instagram and fell in love with the Legend Bracelet. They are so meaningful and stylish. I would die for one with the coordinates of the location where my daughter was born.
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sorbet. I have been wearing Marc Jacobs’ fragrances since his first scent was released in 2001. I am almost done with my bottle of Daisy and a new one would make a fantastic birthday present.
Pink Schwinn Bike. This one has been on my list forever. How cute would this be with a wicker basket on front?
Happy Friday Ladies and Gents! I am SO looking forward to this weekend! In addition to Valentine’s Day, I also have MONDAY OFF! THREE DAY WEEKEND! Woo hoo! I am clearly pretty excited about an extra day off!
I am linking up today with the lovely: Darci, Amanda and Dellatoday for my Friday faves. Let’s get right into it…
My girls and I just signed up for the Nocturnal Lands 5k Music Festival coming to Brooklyn this May! It is basically like a music festival/5k/glow run all in one. It seems like it is going to be a lot of fun! I am on the hunt for fab glow gear now. The name of our team is “Brooklyn – We Glow HARD!” in a nod to Biggie. Love it!
I know that one was long but as a new crazy cat lady I laughed until I cried. I’m glad others feel my pain. #thestruggleisreal
My birthday is next month and I have started giving some thought as to a present! That pretty Gucci above might be making the list! Love!
How fabulous is this mani? I need to show it to my manicurist the next time I get mine done!
Alright my loves, have a wonderful V Day and eat lots of chocolate! xoxo
Happy Hump Day! Today I am sharing some of the things I am LOVING lately.
1. Pantene Dry Shampoo – Blowdry Extend. I got a sample of this from Rent the Runway with a dress and I am OBSESSED. I used dry shampoo years ago and decided that I hated it. It left a white powdery film on my hair and I thought it was gross. This one is totally different. It is an aerosol spray so it goes on like regular hair spray (instead of being a messy powder) and it smells fantastic. No film and it makes my hair look fabulous.
2. Elchim 2001 Hair Dryer. This is not new for me but my last one just fizzled out after seven years so I ordered a new one. It is a little more expensive than your typical drugstore Conair but it works a billion times better, plus they have a great warranty and last for years. My Elchim dries my hair super-fast and really makes a difference in the texture. Total gamechanger! I couldn’t live without it. I even take it on vacation.
3. Tocca Florence. This is my favorite candle ever. I just bought myself one with a gift card I got for Christmas. It is so delicate and pretty. Definitely give it a smell if you aren’t familiar with the scent.
4. Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter. I had a massage recently at Bliss and the masseuse recommended this to me. I use it after I shower at night and leaves the most delicate, fruity fragrance on my skin. It drives my hubby crazy.
What are you all loving lately? Any good recommendations?
P.S. Don’t forget to enter our giveaway below for a chance to win a $150 Victoria’s Secret Gift Card! There are two days left until we pick a winner!
Good morning loves! Today I am linking up with my sparkly besties from The Sequin Notebook to bring you one of my favorite cocktails!
I have mentioned in the past that the hubby and I are not big drinkers. It is just not our thang. Occasionally, we will share a bottle of wine (which has been happening more lately in an attempt to liven things up during the dull NYC Winter) but it is not a regular occurrence. Sometimes, I want to drink a glass of champagne or a have fun cocktail with dinner. Billy doesn’t care for champagne so I have to go it alone. Therefore, this recipe is for one drink.
Here are the cast of characters:
I used a Sofia Mini as the base for this. I think they are totally genius. In case you are unfamiliar with the Sofia Mini, it is an individual can of champagne (complete with it’s own straw). They are perfect for me so that I can enjoy a glass of champs without having to commit to drinking a whole bottle. I always have a few on hand in my fridge for when the mood strikes me. You can use any champagne or prosecco though.
To begin, I filled my glass halfway with champagne. Then I added a quarter of a glass of pineapple juice and a quarter of Malibu. I finished with a tiny splash of Grenadine for color. I had a lemon on hand so I garnished with a slice to make it even more festive.
The result is light and fruity and makes me feel like I am on a tropical beach somewhere. If I cant actually bask in the Sunshine at least I can drink like I am able to.
Happy Friday Gals and cheers to another weekend! I am linking up today with the lovely: Darci, Amanda and Della. Here are my five favorites:
Does anyone else love Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets? This one had me cracking up!
I am super excited about Valentine’s Day! The hubby and I have decided against going out to dinner on the actual day. It is a Saturday night and most restaurants will be packed and offer a Prix Fixe menu. Other years when we have tried to have a romantic night out on VDay it seems too rushed and crowded. Instead, we are going to hang with Taylor and go out the following weekend. I loved this article from Chelsea with some ideas on how to celebrate at home.
I am making this early next week in my crock pot. Mmmmmm. How good does that look?
Better Call Saul airs two episodes this weekend I am PSYCHED!
Last but not least, I am so excited to be teaming up with some of my favorite blogger friends to bring you a really fun giveaway! Be sure to enter below for the chance to win a $150 Victoria’s Secret gift card!
Happy Hump Day! Today I am linking up with Mia to share my January Favorites! Here goes:
1. Vaseline Advance Healing Lip Therapy. For years I have been using a whole slew of products to combat the dry lips that I experience every year thanks to the brutal NYC cold. I thought I had a winner in Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment but it is pretty expensive at $22 a tube. Then, when my hubby broke his ankle I was in the hospital with him for a few days and my lips were super chapped. Of course I had no products with me for that so I went down to the gift shop. All they had was the Vaseline so I bought it. It is my new FAVORITE. It is not greasy and doesn’t sit on your lips like gloss. It absorbs immediately and actually softens and smooths. I love it so much that on my last trip to Target I bought ten tubes. Taylor thought I was nuts but I will never use anything else.
2. Women’s Nike Free 5.0 V4 Running Shoes. I have wanted these for a super long time but they were sold out. I finally found them at Finishline and am totally in love. Super comfy and maybe at some point I will stop being so lazy and wear them to work out. Maybe.
3. Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I know I am behind the trend on this one. Everyone has been raving about MO products for a while and I did try the oil a while back and I didn’t love it. A few weeks ago I got a Keratin treatment for the first time – LIFECHANGING – and my hairdresser recommended this brand because it doesn’t have sulfates. I’ve been using it for a few weeks and I’m pretty happy with it. It smells great.
4. The Woman Who Stole My Life. I am going to do a full review on this in the near future but I love Marian Keyes and this was worth reading.