I absolutely love the beginning of a new year! It reminds me to take a moment to reflect on the last year and think of the things that I have accomplished, blessings in my life and goals I want to achieve in the future. I managed to cross a lot off my bucket list in 2013. One big thing was starting A Little Glitter!
I have a list of things that I plan to effect in 2014. I dont regard new year’s resolutions as wishes that will happen effortlessly. I dont do effortless. I enjoy a good struggle. That way when I succeed it is that much sweeter. I dont put random things on my list like lose 30 pounds – unless I really plan to work my butt off and lose 30 pounds. (I dont. I enjoy chocolate too much right now. Maybe in 2015.) My resolutions are goals that I plan to realize in 2014 through research, trial and error, networking, asking questions and hard work. Without further ado, here is my list of resolutions for 2014…
– I just got a new camera for Christmas. It is a Canon SL1 and my first DLSR. I love it but I have no idea how to use it beyond automatic mode. I endevour to learn how it works and how to take awesome pictures with it. I was thinking of signing up for some weekend courses at a nearby college or photography school.
– There are a few things that I want to learn how to cook flawlessly. I want to make the best shrimp scampi, lasagna and pancakes. Right now I am suckish (at best) at making those things. I want to have a recipe that I have perfected and consider my go-to for all three.
– I will learn how to apply eye shadow this year. I was thinking of taking a lesson from a professional makeup artist. I have tried youtube tutorials and I still wind up looking like a slutty clown. It is not a good look.
– I have a few home improvements in the hopper for 2014. My husband and I are going to build a banquette for our kitchen (which I am really excited about). I am going to make a tufted cushion for the back and I cant wait to get that project underway! We also plan paint/stain our cabinets and put on new hardware, install a new sink, new countertop and backsplash and perhaps buy new appliances. I also have some diy projects underway that I will be sharing soon.
– This year there is a new category of goals for me – this blog! I really want to work on building a bigger social media following! I would love to have 1000 Twitter and Facebook followers (quite a lofty goal considering I have 14 Twitter followers right now). I am absolutely terrible at Twitter but I plan to figure it out in 2014. Also, I would like to start doing one giveaway a month. I am stumped right now as to what the prize for my first one should be but I hope to be struck by inspiration soon. If you have any ideas please send them my way!
What is your biggest resolution for 2014?