1. Saturday I was able to finally banish my roots. That was a big relief. Hopefully my new ombre hair color will be less maintenance! So far I love it.
2. My friend’s little brother, Ryan, is the most inspirational little guy ever. He has been extremely sick for a while (I don’t really want to disclose the nature of his illness since it is not my place) but suffice to say it is very serious and yet he remains so positive and upbeat. While recovering, he has been making some amazing bracelets and has developed a website to sell them. I just received two of them the other day and they are so intricate! If you are interested in buying one the website is: http://ryancarasitihopebracelets.yolasite.com/. I hope you will take a minute and a few dollars to make a wonderful guy’s day.
3. Tax Time! What What! (Insert me raising the roof!) (Insert me realizing that the kids don’t do that anymore and I am officially old!) (Insert me NOT CARING because I’m rich!) Just kidding. I’m not rapper rich but I do love tax time because I get a few dollars back. I wish I could buy a new purse with it but it is looking like we are getting a new roof instead. #oldpeopleproblems.
4. Since Taylor is now old enough to have sleepovers, last weekend she slept out at her friend’s house! I missed her terribly but it was also nice to have some alone time with the husband. We got to drink a little wine and watch Boardwalk Empire and it was not a bad time.
5. Lately, I have felt like even after I wash my hair it doesn’t feel properly “clean”. I started to speculate that since I use a lot of products they may have caused a build up. I did some research online and everyone raves about Bumble and Bumble’s Sunday Shampoo. It is a clarifying shampoo that strips away all the gunk and leaves your hair fresh and clean. I bought it a few weeks ago and finally got around to using it and oh my gosh – I am in LOVE! It has a great minty smell and leaves my hair squeaky clean. It really makes my new color pop, too.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to watching the new Scandal (which is waiting for us on the DVR), my adorable nephew’s first birthday party and going to see Anchorman! What do you guys have planned?
Here are some things I have been loving from around the web:
1. Those delicious pieces of fried goodness are cream cheese wontons made by the Pioneer Woman (who I have a total food-girl crush on). I am not the biggest cream cheese fan but I can think of 21634354354 things off the top of my head that would make for a delicious filling – such as banana and nutella, beef and cheese (like a philly cheesesteak), shrimp, chicken and salsa, oh the list goes on and on. I am definitely going to have to get to work on some wontons soon. Mmmmmmm!
2. A Cup of Jo has an article about how garlic can cure pimples. I am just going to say this now: if this is true than I want the thousands of dollars that I wasted on creams/lotions/serums/vitamins/doctors from my teen years back. I am totally going to try it the next time I have a breakout. Could it be possible that the solution to a problem that plagues so many is that easily solvable? I will let you know how it works out for me.
3. A Beautiful Mess just posted the most totes adorbs cupcakes for your Oscar parties! BUTTERED POPCORN CUPCAKES YOU GUYS! These are awesome! I am not having an Oscar Party (unless you count me eating Cadbury Eggs and judging the red carpet dresses as a party) but I think these would translate to other themes and occasions so well. I can picture making them for a movie night or a sleepover party.
4. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues comes out this weekend and I cant even DEAL with how funny the trailers are! I am definitely going to see it with the hubby this weekend.
5. Thrifty Decor Chic did a great job stenciling her basement wall! I am dying to re-do my powder room and I want to either stencil the ceiling or do a subtle stencil job on one wall. I was thinking of doing a matte charcoal grey wall and stenciling a pattern in the same shade but glossy to give it a little kick. I’m not entirely sure yet what I am going to do in there but I find the above picture so inspirational.
Hey Friends! Here are some gorgeous things that I have been loving on Etsy this week:
1. How adorable is this monogrammed wreath from Frontporchdecor? Obsessed. They have been kind enough to offer a 15% off code for A Little Glitter’s readers! Just enter alittleglitter in the box at checkout to receive your discount.
As I mentioned recently in this post, I was struggling with the upkeep of my blonde hair and trying to decide on a new look that would be less maintenance for the remainder of the Winter. I was considering two different options. The first was to go totally dark and the second was ombre. I have been a brunette before and I liked it but I had never done ombre. I was on the fence about which way to go. Then, I went to see my hair girl on Saturday and when we were discussing my options she pointed out a problem with going darker that I had forgotten! THE DREADED REVERSE ROOT! This is a phenomenon that occurs when you hair is dyed darker than your natural color. When lighter hair starts to grow in, it looks like you have grey roots. Since I was changing my color to avoid roots, that made up my mind for me very quickly. We decided to do ombre but weave in some longer chunkier blonde highlights to break it up. I am super happy with how it turned out!
Here is a car selfie so you can see how awesome it looks from the front!
What do you guys think?
I’m linking up with Renee from Sassy Wife Classy Life and Glossy Blonde today so be sure to check them out as well.
I’ve wanted to try a SK-II Facial Treatment Mask for a while but I was put off by the price. It is $90 for six individually packaged masks (which sounds like a lot of money to me). I did tons of online research and I only found rave reviews about this product. Everyone loves it! Finally, during Want It Wednesday of last week I bit the bullet. My face has been SUPER DRY due to this Winter weather and the heat in my office blasting. I decided to break one out last Saturday in preparation for date night with the hubby. Basically, this is a thick paper mask that is coated in a gel-like liquid. You unpeel it and put it on your face. Here are some questions I had and the answers to them:
– Why aren’t the instructions on the box or the packaging?
Answer: I don’t know and I was annoyed by this. I was all set up in the bathroom, ready to apply the mask and I had to get my iPad and Google the instructions. I wound up finding the information on their website but I was irritated that I had to do that research. Once I found them though, the instructions were pretty much self-explanatory. Unpeel it and put it on your face for about twenty minutes. Afterwards, peel off the mask and wipe off any excess liquid. Do not rinse.
– How do I use it? Do I need to lay down? Will it slide off my face onto the floor?
Answer: You dont need to lay down. The gel will help it stay on your face. (I would not recommend doing Zumba while using it but if you watch TV sitting up you should be fine.)
– How long do I leave it on and when should I use it?
Answer: I left mine on for about a half hour. Another tip is to use this when your husband/child are not home. Mine were playing Fibber in the living room and when I went downstairs they chased me through the house while trying to snap pictures of me in my Silence of the Lambs mask.
– Was it worth it?
Answer: I would have to say yes. I think it made a tremendous difference in my skin. Prior to using this, my face was flaky (especially around my nose) and afterwards my skin was soft and smooth. It stayed that way for about two days and made applying makeup much easier.
The only downside was the price but in my online research I found other bloggers that re-used their masks. So, I followed their example and got another use out of it! When I put the mask on I saved the packaging and the extra liquid inside. Then, when I was done with the treatment, I re-folded the mask, carefully put it back in the package with the residual liquid and taped it shut. I stored it in my fridge until I was ready to use it again (two days later). I added a tiny bit of water at that time and and squished it around. I applied it the same as I had the first time and it worked just as well. Now, I thought $90 for six masks was expensive but I can deal with $90 for twelve uses! I will definitely use the SK-II Facial Treatment Mask again and highly recommend it.