Good morning loves! I hope you all kept warm during the snowstorm! Thankfully, we didn’t get the massive amount of snow that was predicted! Don’t get me wrong, we still got a bunch but I was pretty happy that I didn’t have to dig our cars out of two feet or more!
One lovely side effect of the storm was a day off from work. After I finished shoveling, I was able to drink a glass of wine and play around with the Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes I received at the launch partya few weeks ago. While I have been using them since the event, I got the chance yesterday to watch a few tutorials and really get a feel for them (instead of just rushing to put my makeup on at 6 am).
They are sleek and luxurious and they work great. The tapered bristles hold the product so well and I love the weighted feel of the brush. They make applying makeup feel very fancy!
The Bold Metals Collection uses a color-coded system that corresponds to the key steps of makeup application: gold = base; platinum = eye; rose gold = finish. I have chosen my favorite brush from each color category and the sweet team over at Real Techniques is going to give away a set to one lucky ALG reader! The winner will receive:
I will pick a winner on February 5, 2015 at 7 am EST. You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Good luck! xx
Happy Friday Loves! Sorry about my blogging laziness this week! I had Monday off from work. It looked like this:
If you are thinking right now that sweatpants and couch snuggling have been a reoccurring theme on ALG lately, you are not wrong. I have been doing a lot of vegetating during the Winter of 2015 and I love it!
1. Trivia Crack. Nadine introduced me to this game and I have been playing it nonstop. It is totally addicting. I also got my hubby and co-workers hooked. If you would like to join in on the fun my screenname is alittleglitter. 🙂
2. Kevin Hart. Billy and I ventured off the couch the other night. We actually managed to go to dinner and a movie and I WORE REAL PANTS. No sweatpants. We saw the Wedding Ringer and I laughed so hard at certain parts I cried. Kevin Hart is hiliarious. I cant wait to see Get Hard! Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart should make for a legendary combination.
3. Purse Storage. When I am done lazing about I intend to revamp my closet. I love my bags and having them all jammed up in my closet makes me sad. They need to be properly stored. I really need to do something like this:
4. Trader Joe’s Mahi Mahi Burgers. I have been meaning to try these bad boys for a while. I finally bought them and I cant wait to make them this weekend!
Last week I attended the Real Techniques launch party for their new Bold Metals luxury brush collection at the beautiful Hudson Hotel.
Real Techniques is a makeup and brush line created by the talented sisters, Sam and Nic Chapman. You may know them from their popular Youtube channel, Pixiwoo. They post fabulous tutorials and I find them to be both charming and knowledgeable. They have had a brush line out for a while but their new Bold Metal range is a total game-changer. It feels so luxurious. Each brush is weighted for optimal control and comfort. They feel substantial and expensive. I also really love the metallic bases and the supersoft bristles.
I have to confess that I have always used my fingers to apply makeup but since attending this launch I have become addicted to these Bold Metal brushes and I think they make a big difference. They also look gorgeous on your bathroom counter.
In addition to a fun photo booth and a makeup station (where there were artists on hand to do touch-ups using the Bold Metals brushes), Sam and Nic also appeared from London via Skype to introduce the line.
Photo courtesy of Michelle Lucille photography.
You can learn more about the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection on their website. They are currently for sale at Ulta and Boots.
TGIF is right! This frigid weather is KILLING me. I am having so much trouble motivating. This weekend I have to head to the dentist to deal with the tooth that has been hurting me for the better part of a month. Other than that my plans are sweatpants and couch snuggles. (Then I wonder why I am getting fat, right? Oh well.)
It’s been a while since I have done one of these but today I am linking up with Lauren, Amanda and Natasha for my Friday Faves. Let’s jump right in…
1. I love this entryway? Such a clever idea to paint the inside of the door a pretty color!
2. I went to an event the other night at the Hudson Hotel and I was blown away by the gorgeous chandelier they have in the lobby.
3. This Skinny Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Emily is calling my name! How good does this look?
4. I ran out of Glam Glow so I was going to buy another pot of it but it is SO expensive. Then I remembered this sample pack that they have on their website for $11.99! It includes samples of their eye treatment and three of their muds! That is a GREAT deal!
5. I just treated myself to this gorgeous dress by BCBG thanks to a gift card. Now if Spring would only hurry up so I can wear it already!
Alrighty, well I hope you all have a fun weekend! xo