Good morning loves! For the next week I have a few of my blogger besties filling in for me. I originally asked for their help as I was due to be attending Blogher and Blogger Bash in NYC but sometimes life has other plans and my Mother’s health has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse. She is in the ICU and we are not sure what is going to happen next. It is fortuitous that I had these posts scheduled because I am not really emotionally able to be my glittery self for you right now. I am so thankful to my girls for guest posting for me!
To kick things off, Nadine is sharing a healthy post with you. I asked her to share something related to health and fitness because I love her posts in that genre. I hate the gym and Nadine makes it known that it isn’t effortless for her either. She works hard at it and I find that so inspiring.
Hey there A Little Glitter readers! My name is Nadine and I blog over at Life by Nadine Lynn. I was honored when Pamela asked me to guest post for her! I was even more flattered when she asked me to post about something fitness related.
You see, I am not a fitness blogger. I haven’t always loved fitness. In fact, there are even some days when I loathe it. And that my friends, is the beauty of the journey! It is never pretty or perfect, actually is is quiet messy. I wanted to share some things I have learned along the way.
1. Find a friend. This doesn’t have to be a IRL friend, a virtual friend will do just fine! In fact, I have a constant group message going with two girls where we send each other sweaty selfies, share clean recipes and give and receive advice. It is the most motivational thing I have ever been a part of. Don’t have someone as passionate about fitness as you? Hit me up, you can never have too many cheerleaders.
2. Everyone is different. There are some runners out there that truly love running. I am not one of those people. There are some yogis out there getting all zen, but I can’t seem to shut off my mind. Don’t feel like you have to enjoy the “it” workout. Find what works for you. I enjoy lifting weights. I don’t enjoy running, but cardio is necessary for a healthy heart. I found my balance. I lift three days a week, and run two days a week. If something quits working for me, I switch it up.
3. Abs are made in the kitchen. I know you have heard this before, but it is true!!! You cannot out work a bad diet. You just can’t. So slip into a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable for you. Maybe that is eating clean during the week, and having a little fun on the weekends. Maybe you are 80/20 or a calorie counter. I am not here to judge, we are all different. I just know that when I eat like crap, I feel like crap and my jeans don’t fit.
4. You don’t have to leave your house to burn calories and build muscle. There are tons of YouTube videos and apps out there for free! My favorites are the PopSugar Fitness girls on Youtube and the Nike Training app. Right now I am working on this PopSugar Arm Challenge in addition to my normal workouts.
5. Workout clothes can be inspiring! There is nothing like that feeling when you slip into a cute new dress or pair of shoes. Well, that feeling can follow you to the gym! With stunning ladies shorts to choose from, plus much more! You don’t have to break the wallet to find great workout gear either! Most of my stuff comes from TJ Maxx, Kohl’s, Target and JCPenney. Here are a few things that I am swooning over.
My advice to you is to do what works for you. Don’t let other’s try to bring you down. People can be so judgy when it comes to diet and fitness. Not everyone can eat clean 100% of the time. If all you can do is have a lean cuisine for lunch and it is working for you, then by all means keep doing that! Nothing irks me more than when I go to read a positive post and see comments bashing the person for just sharing what works for them.
I hope that you find these tips helpful! With all the different advice and information out there, fitness and health in general can become so overwhelming. What have learned in your journey? Where do you score your favorite work out clothes?