Good morning loves and happy FRIDAY! It is OFFICIALLY Spring in New York. Things are beautiful. There are gorgeous flower blooms everywhere, colorful fashion from women that have finally gotten to set aside their parkas and SUNSHINE! May in NYC is very inspiring. My happiness level is at an all-time high.
1. The Gym. I am not a gym person by nature. I actually really hate it but I love to look good in my clothes (and a bathing suit) so I am giving it another shot. This time I signed up at a really inexpensive, no-frills gym that offers cheap personal training sessions. I think having an appointment to work out with someone will make me more accountable. So far so good. If I keep going for the next few weeks I am definitely investing in some new sneakers as a reward and to motivate myself to continue. I am loving these:
2. The Met Gala. I love the Met Gala! It is on my bucket list to attend some day. Since my girl, Blake Lively, was not there to own the red carpet, I have to give the honor of best dressed to: BEYONCE! I know not everyone will agree with this choice and I acknowledge that she was damn near naked but I don’t care. I think she looked gorgeous and her look (while not something I would necessarily wear) was perfect on her. #getitgirl
3. Blackened Fish Tacos. I saw this recipe on Skinnytaste the other day and it immediately made me think of our vacation to Turks & Caicos. We had the BEST fish tacos there and I have been meaning to try to replicate them.
4. Aqua Shirt. I just went to Bloomingdales on lunch (it is both a blessing and a curse that it is one subway stop from my job and after almost walking out with nothing I stumbled upon the MOST ADORABLE TOP. It was on sale, too! Yay! (Obvi, I didn’t also buy the matching shorts or the Keds the model paired with it in some of the pictures. I don’t get fashion sometimes.)
5. Mother’s Day. I am pretty excited to celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend! Being Taylor’s Mom is the best thing I will ever be. I love all the adventures we have shared thus far and look forward to a lifetime more.