Hello, friends! Wow. This week has flowwwwwwwwwwwwn by. I have not posted for a few days because I have been so focused on some behind the scenes work for ALG. It’s funny because when I decided to start a blog it was so I could write and share my thoughts, experiences, advice and perspective with the World. I did not consider all the things that had to happen in order to make my website functional and aesthetically pleasing. Most of the time it is fun but sometimes it just sucks the life right out of me. This week I changed my theme (I use WordPress) and spent many hours tweaking everything. It is starting to look the way I want it to though, so next week I should be able to get back to blogging. Anyway, here are my five favorite things from this week.
1. The weather last weekend was beautiful! We went to a few barbecues and spent tons of time outside. Taylor had so much fun with her friends and even got to go on the slip and slide! I have to say, as a parent, there is nothing better than watching your baby (or in my case almost nine year old – omg) run around in the sunshine and enjoy their childhood with other kids.
2. I got a mani/pedi and had my nails painted the most wonderful shade! It is called Big Apple Red and I am TOTALLY obsessed with it! I got color gel on my fingers and regular polish in the same color on my toes and it is gorgeous! I usually paint my digits bright white for the entire Summer because it is so fresh and matches everything but I am definitely going to keep this one in the rotation as well.
3. I am hosting a giveaway right now with the sweetest shop owner ever. Her name is Peggy and she is such a doll to work with. She runs PegsSecondChance boutique on Etsy and right now she is giving ALG readers the chance to win a set of chalk-painted margarita glasses! How perfect is that for Summer? You can enter to win these beauties here!
4. This weekend I am heading over to Bookcon with my Sister in Law! I am pretty excited since I love to read. I am hoping to score some great books, maybe get a signature or two from some of my favorite authors and meet Tina Fey and have her realize that we are meant to be besties. Fingers crossed!
5. I had my annual review at work yesterday. I’ve worked here for eight years and I love it but for some reason I still get really nervous right before it. Thankfully, it went really well and I got a bonus! It is so nice to work for a Company where I feel appreciated! It also doesn’t hurt to get some extra spending money!
Well, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am linking up with a few other ladies today so if you get a chance you should definitely head over and show them some love! xoxo