Happy Friday! Wow! This week went so fast! It helped that I was off on Tuesday to go on a field trip with my little princess and we are closing early today at work for Memorial Day! I am hoping this weather gets it’s act together so that I can sit in the Sun at least a little bit over the holiday weekend! Without further ado, here are my five favorite things from the past week:
1. I LOVE to make banana pancakes. They are my go-to Sunday breakfast and we all love them. They are healthy, fluffy and delicious. I got the recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction here. The only problem is that usually when I hit Trader Joe’s to grab my ingredients, their bananas are green and take days to ripen. I’ve tried many tricks in order to get them to ripen more quickly (including leaving them in a paper bag with an orange – doesn’t work). Then, last weekend I discovered that you can put them in the oven at 300 degrees and they ripen in a half hour!!!! Don’t get me wrong – they are black and mushy.(See unappetizing picture above.) You cant just peel them and eat them. These are ripe for baking purposes only but that is a big help to me for when I feel like making last minute muffins or whipping up some delish and healthy pancakes.
2. I went to brunch with my girls on Sunday in the meatpacking district. It was a gorgeous day and so nice to spend some time with my ladies!
3. On Tuesday I skipped work and tagged along with Taylor and her class on a school trip. We went to go see a play at a local high school. It was wonderful to hang with her during a week day and so fun to observe her interacting with her classmates, but it also made me realize I won’t be able to join her on majority of her secondary schools trip plans.
4. One of my girlfriends gave me a semi-automatic rubberband machine gun as a birthday gift in March. (I saw it online and thought it was hilarious so I asked her to get me that and a box of Red Bull Gummy Bears and SHE DID! She is the best!) I just put it together last week and the guys at work and I have been having a blast shooting targets with it. So far no one has shot their eye out…
5. You have to check this out! 67 Things That Happen Every Time You Go To Dinner With Friends. So true and so funny! I literally laughed out loud.
I hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day!
I am participating in a few fabulous link-ups today. If you have a moment, swing by and show these ladies some love! xoxo
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway here. DO IT! You know you want to!