This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #NewWayToSparkle #CollectiveBias.
While I may not be a big drinker…I am a huge celebrator! Taylor and I feel like the more sparkly and festive we can make things, the better. Since we are hosting Thanksgiving this year for the first time in our apartment, we decided to create a fun Sparkling Cranberry Mojito Mocktail to serve to our family and friends. This way everyone can join in on the fun regardless of their age or whether they drink alcohol.
This recipe is fast and it only calls for a few ingredients. I started out by muddling some lime and mint in the bottom of a highball glass.
Next, I put some fresh cranberries (although frozen would work fine), water and sugar into a saucepan on the stove and let them boil down on medium heat.
I was going to strain the cranberry mixture into the drinks but I decided to spoon it in after it cooled without doing that. I thought the thicker sauce with chunks of cranberries gave it a little extra flair and went well with the muddled limes and mint.
Finally, I added ice, squeezed in a little more fresh lime juice and topped the drinks off with DASANI® Sparkling Lime to add some fizzy goodness.
I purchased the ingredients and accessories for this recipe at my local Target. You can find that cute tray here and the glasses here. They also carry tons of flavors of DASANI® Sparkling. There are new 20oz Dasani Sparkling cans in the check-out lane, too. They are perfect for sampling flavors without committing to buying a whole pack.
- 1 12-ounce can DASANI® Sparkling Lime
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Place cranberries, sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. (Mixture will thicken up.) Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a highball glass muddle the slices of half a lime and about 10 mint leaves.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the cooled cranberry mixture into the glass over the limes and mint.
- Fill the glass with ice and then pour DASANI® Sparkling Lime into each glass until it is full.
- Garnish with cranberries and lime wedges.
I hope this recipe will help make your celebrations a little more sparkly! You can find even more fun recipes using DASANI® Sparkling here.