This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that support A Little Glitter. #BeHealthyForEveryPartOfLife #CollectiveBias
Oh boy, do I hate the cold. The thought of it just gave me the chills. Don’t get me wrong, I know it has it’s perks. I love snow days, hot chocolate and the holidays but I despise commuting during the Winter! As a New Yorker, I take mass transit to work every day and Fall through Spring means being stuffed into a small subway car with tons of people and their germs. Today, I am sharing my purse essentials for escaping their cooties and staying sane!
I usually stock up around this time of year on the items listed below so I am prepared and can avoid sickness at all costs. I grabbed most of these products at Walmart last weekend. They have everything you need to stay healthy and happy (even in the middle of Winter).
1. Hand Sanitizer. This is an absolute MUST! I put it on immediately after getting off the subway. It kills all the gross germs I picked up while holding on to the pole.
2. Advil. There is nothing like being delayed on the subway with a headache or cramps. Suddenly, the train just stops and you have no idea how long you will be there and there is no way to exit. That has happened to me enough to know that it is a necessity to carry a little vial of Advil. Nothing’s stronger, longer lasting or better on your tough aches and pains than Advil, and nothing works on more pains than Advil (among OTC pain relievers).
3. Tissues. I carry a little packet in my bag year round (it is the Mama in me). They are vital in the colder months though.
4. Chapstick. I just picked this one up at Walmart last weekend and I am OBSESSED with it! It is 100% natural, keeps my lips from getting chapped and it smells divine!
5. Emergen-C Immune+ Chewables. I have been eating these like they are candy lately. This is the time of year when everyone starts coming down with colds so these are crucial to staying healthy. They provide immune support and have more vitamin C than 10 oranges. They also contain B vitamins to support energy naturally.
6. Portable Cell Phone Charger. There are no power outlets on the subway and being without electronics to distract you is awful. I make sure to have a small, fully-charged power bank in my purse constantly.
7. Snack. I try not to eat on public transportation because I think it is rude. Sometimes, I start to believe that I am the only one that subscribes to that notion though. Fun fact, there was a girl next to me yesterday (like two inches from my face) eating fried chicken. I could have leaned in and easily taken a bite, lol. While I would not usually eat on a packed subway (especially something with a strong smell…like fried chicken) I do always carry a small, non-messy snack just in case of an emergency.
8. Headphones. They are crucial during every Season but especially so in the Winter. It is essential to me to be able to drown out the coughing and sneezing and pretend I am somewhere tropical. Sometimes I have an issue with my headphones getting tangled inside my tote bag, so I DIYed a cute little holder last week! It was so easy! After cleaning out an empty mint container with soap and water, I gave it a coat of gold spray paint (left over from when I created my Halloween costume) and then decorated it with some glittery foam stickers. Now, I don’t have to worry about fishing them out of my bag and working out knots when I could be rocking out. Headphones are a must for me, and I think a lot of people will be able to agree with me about it. If you don’t have any headphones just yet or are thinking about buying some, then you might want to check out a website like AudioRumble.com. There are loads of different types of headphones that you can get, you just have to find the one that works best for you.
What are your must have purse essentials for colder weather?