I cant believe it is almost the Fourth! This Summer is just flying by! I have a few barbecues that I am planning to attend this holiday weekend and I have just finished searching Pinterest for ideas on what to bring. I tend to go with dessert items that are fruity, light and wont melt in the heat. Here are a few that really stood out to me:
1. This red, white and blue trifle from Skinnytaste.com is so beautiful and not too bad for you in the calorie department!
2. These are so cute for the kids! I love that I would be able to make them with my daughter!
3. These chocolate and sprinkled-dipped strawberries are extremely easy to make and yet so festive and pretty!
4. I had never used a piping bag until the past December when I made a pull-apart wreath cake. I was really nervous about it but it wound up being so easy! I am eager to make another dessert that involves a piping bag. I think I could master this one and I am strongly considering it for a barbecue this weekend. It has such a strong wow factor!
5. I’ve seen posts from time to time about fruit pizzas but I have never made one. I am thinking that now might be the time to start with this adorable patriotic dessert!