Hey Ladies! Sephora is holding it’s annual 15% off sale starting today for VIB Rouge Members and April 3rd for VIB Members.
Here are a few of my favorite items and some new products I am excited to try!
1. Benefit – They’re Real Mascara. This is my GO-TO mascara. Other women always ask me what I have on when I am wearing it. It doesn’t clump and the front of the brush has smaller bristles for the tiny lashes closer to your tear ducts. The plastic applicator is the best and most user friendly I have found. I have mentioned previously that I buy the sample size tubes of this. It is the same cost per ounce as buying the bigger size and I prefer to have a fresher tube that fits nicely into my purse. I will definitely grabbing a few of these.
2. Philosophy – Purity Made Simple. I use this every night to wash my face. Twice or three times a week I use it with my Clarisonic and the other nights I use it as regular face wash. A little goes a long way. I buy the medium-sized bottle and it lasts for months.
3. Benefit – Benetint. I am obsessed with this stuff. I have extremely pale lips with a bluish tinge that makes me look like a dead person. This looks like a bottle of sheer red-colored nail polish but it is actually a stain. I only use it on my lips (although you can put it on your cheeks). I apply and then put lip gloss over it. When I drink my coffee or eat, the gloss dissipates but my lips still look a normal (non-corpse) color because of this lip stain. I love it.
4. Philosophy – Hope in a Jar Night. I’ve been dying to try this because I am a big fan of Philosophy’s products and also because I am a total face cream whore. I am always trying new ones in the hope of locating the holy grail of wrinkle/dark undereye circle removers. One day I will locate it.
5. Urban Decay – Baked Bronzer. I am pale. I used to tan but now I freckle so I don’t even attempt it. Lately, I have been looking really washed out and am in need of a new bronzer. I have read really good things about this one and I am going to give it a shot. I will definitely let you guys know my thoughts after I give it a try.
6. Sephora Collection – Pro Flawless Bronzer Brush. I know there are some people out there that can spend hundreds on a makeup brush and think it’s okay. That is not me. Truthfully, I am not a brush girl. I use my fingers to apply my makeup whenever possible (foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadow). I think those are my best tools. Unfortunately, bronzer does require a brush so I am buying this one.
Are you guys looking forward to purchasing anything special?
Here are my five favorite moments from the past week:
1. I have been trying to lighten up my cooking recently and with the help of my dear new friend, Trader Joe, Taylor and I made whole wheat pizza that was amazing. I was really impressed with how it turned out!
2. Taylor had twin day at school. How cute do she and her friend look?
3. I had to have one of my favorite purses sent out by Louis Vuitton for a repair. I missed it so much. I finally got it back this week and it feels like a brand new bag! Love it!
4. I just finished reading The Other Woman’s House by Sophie Hannah. It was so suspenseful. I couldn’t put it down! I definitely recommend it!
5. I went on a movie date with Taylor and the hubs to see Muppets Most Wanted and we had such a good time. Tina Fey was hilarious!
It’s still cold and supposed to snow tonight in New York (bleh) but it is officially Spring, so I’m going to make this week’s Want It Wednesday colorful and filled with things I love for the warmer weather anyway.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Percy Crossbody Bag. The small crossbody bag is HUGE for Spring and I am in love with this trend. This bag is big enough to store your cell phone, lip gloss, a small wallet, and other essentials. It is the perfect size and how cute is the color? Love.
6. Ella Moss Lana Print Maxi Dress. I live in maxi dresses during the warmer parts of the year. I own a number of Ella Moss ones and they are so comfortable and (I am going to reveal how truly nerdy I am here…so brace yourselves) they make coordinating little girl’s clothes! Last year Taylor and I had a few maxi/tank top outfits that were in the same print. I don’t know if she will get on board with that this year but I still want this dress.
What have you ladies seen on the internet this week that you are loving?
This weekend I set out to make some healthy meals. I really wanted to try Christina’s recipe for Gluten Free Almond Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes but my local Trader Joes was out of Almond Meal. (I am going to make them next weekend though Christina!) Instead, I followed this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction for Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes and it was a HUGE hit! These pancakes where fluffy and moist. I cant take any credit for the recipe since I really didn’t modify it at all (except for the addition of some blueberries). There wasn’t anything about it that I felt the need to change.
Here is the cast of characters:
I had most of the ingredients already in my pantry. It called for milk, eggs, greek yogurt, a banana, vanilla extract, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and whole wheat flour. I also threw in a few blueberries and they were delicious.
I was nervous about how these pancakes would turn out while they cooked but they tasted fabulous.
I put some bananas on top and paired them with Trader Joe’s chicken breakfast sausage. (Sidenote, my daughter begged me not to buy the sausage since it is a salmon color that is extremely unappetizing in the package. Once I browned them and she ate one, she proclaimed that she loved them and could eat them for every meal. I was glad I took the chance and will definitely make them again.)