I am usually a goal-oriented, motivated chick. Sometimes, I will pretend that I want to lay on the couch with my hubby/daughter and watch TV on the weekends but after an hour I am all, “anyone want to take a ride with me to Pier 1?”
Today, however, I am totally and completely devoid of motivation…and that is okay. I’m not going to beat myself up. Instead, I am going to leave you guys with this gem that had me HYSTERICAL laughing. I hope they make more of these…
Good morning my loves! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We hosted Easter at our house yesterday and I am still stuffed. It was one of those perfect days where the Sun was shining, the Sangria was flowing and I laughed and laughed. It felt very satisfying.
Taylor had given up all sweets for Lent and she was finally able to indulge in some chocolate. She woke up super early and couldn’t wait to check out her basket and hunt for eggs.
I’m glad that I got to gorge on all that delicious food because I feel so full and horrible that I can really commit to my Springtime diet starting today. No more Cadbury Eggs for this gal. Clean eating and organic only from here on out.
Happy Friday! This week was one of the best that I have had in a long time! Taylor and I traveled out to Long Island to visit with my one of beautiful besties and her kiddos for Spring Break. My face hurts from smiling so much.
1. As per our usual, we started our trip with a selfie. Look at Taylor’s face. Bwahahah! She looks like Popeye. I cant even take her.
2. Our first stop was the Riverhead Aquarium, where we got to hang with my adorable nephew, Greggers, and my fab sister in law.
3. The next day we went to the Riverhead Outlets and WE CLEANED UP. I managed to score the above duvet cover with two matching shams from Pottery Barn Teen for $40! Taylor has been wanting to change her room from the current pink princess theme to something more sophisticated for a while. When she saw this cheetah print bedding at Pottery Barn Teen she fell in love. I will post pictures when we begin the tween room transition but at least we have a starting point now.
4. This pic is a little blurry due to all the jumping but we also took the girls to a trampoline park and they had a BLAST! It was great exercise. By the time we left my daughter was red-faced, sweaty and tuckered out. It was a total success in my book.
5. On my last night there Tiff and I left the kids at home and met another girlfriend out for a grown up dinner and some wine. It was the perfect end to a really, really great trip.
I am linking up with Natasha, Lauren and Jennie this week. If you get a chance, swing on by and show them some love!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am so looking forward to Easter!
Hello my loves! I am back from my trip to Long Island and eager to share a few things with you! The first (and the topic of today’s post) is PISTACHIO FRUIT DIP! As I have mentioned in other posts, I am trying to eat better. Over the weekend my friend was hosting an Easter egg-dying party for a group of our friends and their kids. She wanted to put out something healthy for everyone to nosh on. I did a mental inventory and remembered this delicious dip one of my girls brought to a party at my house last year. I did a Google search, modified it a bit (to make it lower in fat/calories) and here is what I came up with:
This was so so so easy. There really are not enough so’s in the World for how easy this was. It consists of three ingredients. THREE!
They are: skim milk, two boxes of Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding and Cool Whip. (I used Lite Cool Whip because that was what they had but in the future I might use fat free).
Step One: In a large bowl pour 2 cups of milk over the contents of the two boxes of pudding mix.
Step Two: Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding/milk mixture.
Finally, cover the bowl and put in the fridge for an hour to chill.
Serve with cut up fruit or eat it with a spoon (seriously it is that good).
My friends FREAKED over this dip. My daughter described it as a pistachio marshmallow fluff. Either way it is SUPER easy, inexpensive, low calorie and very impressive. It was so delicious that my friend and I made another batch the next day and sat around eating it with cut up strawberries and watching Bravo. It is perfect for that, too.
Hey Girls! Today we are going to be discussing a topic that most women love…SHOES! I love sandals! Here are a few that I would like to own for Spring/Summer 2014…
1. Seychelles In Control Wedge. So cute! Gimme gimme!
2. BP Bonsai Sandals. I love the gold detailing on these!
3. Chinese Laundry Carefree. Mint is so hot this Season and this is a perfect example.
4. Michael Kors Kayden. These are more flirty and special than just a regular old flip flop plus I love the rubber material. You can get these wet and not have to worry.
5. DV by Dolce Vita Brielle. These shoes are just sex on a stick. In reality I cant wear them because I am 5’11 and I would look like a transvestite but in my dreams I only 5’4 and rock these every day. #tallgirlproblems.
6. Sam Edelman Genette Sandals. I love the hammered gold hardware on the ankle cuff. These are so different and so tough-looking.