Hello, friends! Wow. This week has flowwwwwwwwwwwwn by. I have not posted for a few days because I have been so focused on some behind the scenes work for ALG. It’s funny because when I decided to start a blog it was so I could write and share my thoughts, experiences, advice and perspective with the World. I did not consider all the things that had to happen in order to make my website functional and aesthetically pleasing. Most of the time it is fun but sometimes it just sucks the life right out of me. This week I changed my theme (I use WordPress) and spent many hours tweaking everything. It is starting to look the way I want it to though, so next week I should be able to get back to blogging. Anyway, here are my five favorite things from this week.
1. The weather last weekend was beautiful! We went to a few barbecues and spent tons of time outside. Taylor had so much fun with her friends and even got to go on the slip and slide! I have to say, as a parent, there is nothing better than watching your baby (or in my case almost nine year old – omg) run around in the sunshine and enjoy their childhood with other kids.
2. I got a mani/pedi and had my nails painted the most wonderful shade! It is called Big Apple Red and I am TOTALLY obsessed with it! I got color gel on my fingers and regular polish in the same color on my toes and it is gorgeous! I usually paint my digits bright white for the entire Summer because it is so fresh and matches everything but I am definitely going to keep this one in the rotation as well.
3. I am hosting a giveaway right now with the sweetest shop owner ever. Her name is Peggy and she is such a doll to work with. She runs PegsSecondChance boutique on Etsy and right now she is giving ALG readers the chance to win a set of chalk-painted margarita glasses! How perfect is that for Summer? You can enter to win these beauties here!
4. This weekend I am heading over to Bookcon with my Sister in Law! I am pretty excited since I love to read. I am hoping to score some great books, maybe get a signature or two from some of my favorite authors and meet Tina Fey and have her realize that we are meant to be besties. Fingers crossed!
5. I had my annual review at work yesterday. I’ve worked here for eight years and I love it but for some reason I still get really nervous right before it. Thankfully, it went really well and I got a bonus! It is so nice to work for a Company where I feel appreciated! It also doesn’t hurt to get some extra spending money!
Well, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I am linking up with a few other ladies today so if you get a chance you should definitely head over and show them some love! xoxo
Can you believe it is Wednesday already? I LOVE me some short weeks! This one is just flying by! Currently, I am loving all things sexy, vamp and dark. What are you guys coveting right now?
1. Kate Spade New York Tote – Holly Street Clear Francis. I’ve seen this tote around the Streets of New York and it is FABULOUS in person. This is perfect for Summer.
2. Tory Burch 59mm Disco Logo Rounded Sunglassses. I love the shape of these sunnies. I have a pair of Marc Jacobs glasses that I am in love with but they have a scratch right in the middle of the lens that is hard not to see when you wear them. Lately I find myself squinting because I cant stand looking through the scratch. It might be time to invest in a new pair. Maybe these?
3. Parker Bayou Maxi Dress. This is not your average maxi dress. It is silk and structured on top (so as to be very flattering). I love the pleating detail.
4. Moon and Lola Monogram Pendant. These necklaces have been around for a while and even though I love them I didn’t think I would consider buying one now (since the trend might be ending soon) UNTIL I saw this BLACK ONE! What? Where has this been all my life? I wear a lot of black (it is a total New York City thing and also a lazy getting ready for work/black matches everything thing) and this would slot so nicely into my wardrobe.
5. Valentino Rockstud Pump. I have been lusting after these in various shades for a while now. I am not even a shoe girl. I am a total purse girl but these make me want to convert! They are just so so so sexy.
Alright, dolls. Thank you for sharing a bit of cyber window shopping with me. Be sure to enter my giveaway here!
Hello, my lovelies! I hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend! Mine was total bliss. I tend to be a bit of an over-scheduler but I decided to switch things up and go with the flow for the past three days. We had invites to various barbecues, ideas of things around the house we could accomplish and errands that we should run but we waited until the day of to plan our days and see what we felt like doing. Some things on the list did not get done and guess what? I LIVED! I did not take many pictures and I tried to stay off my phone/email as much as humanly possible. It was a very relaxing experience and I would love to recreate it many times this upcoming Summer.
One thing I did manage to accomplish was to set up an awesome giveaway with Peggy from PegsSecondChance boutique on Etsy. She is offering one lucky winner a set of chalk-dipped margarita glasses that are just screaming SUMMERTIME! You can enter to win these beauties here!
Hola Boys and Girls! I hope you are all having a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend! I am going to spend the day basking in this glorious Sunshine with my little family! The only thing that would make today better would be a delicious margarita…which brings me to my next point: GIVEAWAY TIME!
The incredibly sweet Peggy from PegsSecondChance boutique on Etsy is giving one lucky reader this beautiful set of margarita glasses just in time for Summer. The bottoms have been painted with chalkboard paint so you can write your guest’s names on them. (No more drinking the wrong drink!) I also love love love the fact that the glasses are all unique. They are similar and coordinate but they are not identical. Peggy’s shop is made up of vintage items and goods that have been restored to give them a second chance. I think that is a really cool concept. In addition to it being great for the environment, it is also neat to know that the things she sells have a history.
This giveaway will run until June 2nd at 5:00 AM. GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Friday! Wow! This week went so fast! It helped that I was off on Tuesday to go on a field trip with my little princess and we are closing early today at work for Memorial Day! I am hoping this weather gets it’s act together so that I can sit in the Sun at least a little bit over the holiday weekend! Without further ado, here are my five favorite things from the past week:
1. I LOVE to make banana pancakes. They are my go-to Sunday breakfast and we all love them. They are healthy, fluffy and delicious. I got the recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction here. The only problem is that usually when I hit Trader Joe’s to grab my ingredients, their bananas are green and take days to ripen. I’ve tried many tricks in order to get them to ripen more quickly (including leaving them in a paper bag with an orange – doesn’t work). Then, last weekend I discovered that you can put them in the oven at 300 degrees and they ripen in a half hour!!!! Don’t get me wrong – they are black and mushy.(See unappetizing picture above.) You cant just peel them and eat them. These are ripe for baking purposes only but that is a big help to me for when I feel like making last minute muffins or whipping up some delish and healthy pancakes.
2. I went to brunch with my girls on Sunday in the meatpacking district. It was a gorgeous day and so nice to spend some time with my ladies!
3. On Tuesday I skipped work and tagged along with Taylor and her class on a school trip. We went to go see a play at a local high school. It was wonderful to hang with her during a week day and so fun to observe her interacting with her classmates, but it also made me realize I won’t be able to join her on majority of her secondary schools trip plans.
4. One of my girlfriends gave me a semi-automatic rubberband machine gun as a birthday gift in March. (I saw it online and thought it was hilarious so I asked her to get me that and a box of Red Bull Gummy Bears and SHE DID! She is the best!) I just put it together last week and the guys at work and I have been having a blast shooting targets with it. So far no one has shot their eye out…
5. You have to check this out! 67 Things That Happen Every Time You Go To Dinner With Friends. So true and so funny! I literally laughed out loud.
I hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day!
I am participating in a few fabulous link-ups today. If you have a moment, swing by and show these ladies some love! xoxo
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway here. DO IT! You know you want to!