I cant believe it is almost the Fourth! This Summer is just flying by! I have a few barbecues that I am planning to attend this holiday weekend and I have just finished searching Pinterest for ideas on what to bring. I tend to go with dessert items that are fruity, light and wont melt in the heat. Here are a few that really stood out to me:
1. This red, white and blue trifle from Skinnytaste.com is so beautiful and not too bad for you in the calorie department!
2. These are so cute for the kids! I love that I would be able to make them with my daughter!
3. These chocolate and sprinkled-dipped strawberries are extremely easy to make and yet so festive and pretty!
4. I had never used a piping bag until the past December when I made a pull-apart wreath cake. I was really nervous about it but it wound up being so easy! I am eager to make another dessert that involves a piping bag. I think I could master this one and I am strongly considering it for a barbecue this weekend. It has such a strong wow factor!
5. I’ve seen posts from time to time about fruit pizzas but I have never made one. I am thinking that now might be the time to start with this adorable patriotic dessert!
Happy Friday Lovies! I hope you all had a wonderful week! I am definitely looking forward to the weekend! Woot woot! Today I am linking up with my girls: Amanda and Lauren for Friday Favorites! Here are mine:
1. A few months back in the dreary horror that was February I got sick of my roots and decided to try ombre with my hair. It was fun. I loved it for a while. Now that Summer has graced us with it’s presence I need to be blonde again. Full blonde. White blonde. Right now. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!
2. I signed up for Influenster a few months ago and I got my first voxbox this week! I love all the stuff in it! I have been looking for my Jamba Juice kit at local stores but I have not been able to find one. I guess I have to keep looking. Has anyone else had any luck with it?
3. Last weekend my little sweetheart of a nephew came out to visit me! How cute is this face?
4. Taylor is officially of FOURTH GRADER now! What the heck? I am starting to feel so old! Here she is on her last day of school…
5. If you guys have not already entered – HERE is a link to the giveaway I am currently running with Loralyn Designs! Laura is super sweet and how pretty are the earrings she made?
Alright friends, I hope you all have a fantabulous weekend full of Summer fun and good times. This time of year turns me into a sappy fool but I love it. xo
Above: L’Oréal Paris launched a free new iPhone and iPad app called Makeup Genius where you can try on L’Oréal makeup products (including eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip colors, and blushes) in real-time with the app’s facial mapping technology. How cool is that?
– On another more serious note, a sweet blogger friend of mine has asked for help in spreading the story about her brother’s trouble getting the care he needs and deserves after an accident. Please read this story and share it.
Happy Hump Day! I don’t know if you guys spotted the beautiful wine charms in yesterday’s recipe post for Moscato Sangria but they were made by the talented Laura King of Loralyn Designs.
How pretty are they? Laura has generously offered to give away a pair of earrings from her shop. You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. Even if you dont win it is still your lucky day because ALG readers can take advantage of the code HAPPY10 for 10% off at Loralyn Designs!
It’s kind of funny to me that I am posting a recipe for an alcoholic beverage since I am usually the designated driver. Don’t get me wrong, in my younger/childless years I definitely took shots, drank Red Bull/vodkas and partied with my friends. Good times! Unfortunately, these days my hangovers are so intense and excruciating that I would rather avoid them altogether. Occasionally, I will enjoy a few glasses of champagne, some moscato wine or a bit of sangria. Imagine my excitement last week when I discovered that you can mix two of my favorites and make…MOSCATO SANGRIA! It’s like Summer’s SUPER BEVERAGE!
This was EXTREMELY easy to make. I got all the ingredients I needed from two stores in the same shopping center and the total time to prepare it was less than 20 minutes. This is definitely my kind of recipe!
To begin, I got all the fruit I planned to use (one apple, one small bunch of grapes, ten strawberries, two lemons and two big oranges) and washed them off. Then, I cut the lemons and oranges into slices, chopped the apple into chunks and sliced the tops off the strawberries.
Next, I poured one bottle of moscato wine (Yellowtail is my favorite so I used that), 18 oz. of orange flavored seltzer and 8 oz. of Bacardi Limon into a tall pitcher. (Sidenote, I had initially planned to use triple sec but the owner of my local liquor store advised that since moscato wine is already pretty sweet, adding triple sec might be too much. He suggested the Bacardi Limon instead and I am glad I listened to him because it came out amazing.)
Then, I carefully put all the fruit into the pitcher as well. (I reserved a few slices of the orange and lemon to use as a garnish later.)
I put a bit of plastic wrap over the top and left it in the refrigerator so that all the delicious flavors could marry. I pulled it out about eight hours later and my husband and I enjoyed it with dinner. It is just perfect for a hot day. Nothing beats a crisp, refreshing and fruity glass of sangria!