Happy Friday Ladies and Gents! I am SO looking forward to this weekend! In addition to Valentine’s Day, I also have MONDAY OFF! THREE DAY WEEKEND! Woo hoo! I am clearly pretty excited about an extra day off!
I am linking up today with the lovely: Darci, Amanda and Dellatoday for my Friday faves. Let’s get right into it…
My girls and I just signed up for the Nocturnal Lands 5k Music Festival coming to Brooklyn this May! It is basically like a music festival/5k/glow run all in one. It seems like it is going to be a lot of fun! I am on the hunt for fab glow gear now. The name of our team is “Brooklyn – We Glow HARD!” in a nod to Biggie. Love it!
I know that one was long but as a new crazy cat lady I laughed until I cried. I’m glad others feel my pain. #thestruggleisreal
My birthday is next month and I have started giving some thought as to a present! That pretty Gucci above might be making the list! Love!
How fabulous is this mani? I need to show it to my manicurist the next time I get mine done!
Alright my loves, have a wonderful V Day and eat lots of chocolate! xoxo
Happy Hump Day! Today I am sharing some of the things I am LOVING lately.
1. Pantene Dry Shampoo – Blowdry Extend. I got a sample of this from Rent the Runway with a dress and I am OBSESSED. I used dry shampoo years ago and decided that I hated it. It left a white powdery film on my hair and I thought it was gross. This one is totally different. It is an aerosol spray so it goes on like regular hair spray (instead of being a messy powder) and it smells fantastic. No film and it makes my hair look fabulous.
2. Elchim 2001 Hair Dryer. This is not new for me but my last one just fizzled out after seven years so I ordered a new one. It is a little more expensive than your typical drugstore Conair but it works a billion times better, plus they have a great warranty and last for years. My Elchim dries my hair super-fast and really makes a difference in the texture. Total gamechanger! I couldn’t live without it. I even take it on vacation.
3. Tocca Florence. This is my favorite candle ever. I just bought myself one with a gift card I got for Christmas. It is so delicate and pretty. Definitely give it a smell if you aren’t familiar with the scent.
4. Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter. I had a massage recently at Bliss and the masseuse recommended this to me. I use it after I shower at night and leaves the most delicate, fruity fragrance on my skin. It drives my hubby crazy.
What are you all loving lately? Any good recommendations?
P.S. Don’t forget to enter our giveaway below for a chance to win a $150 Victoria’s Secret Gift Card! There are two days left until we pick a winner!
Good morning loves! Today I am linking up with my sparkly besties from The Sequin Notebook to bring you one of my favorite cocktails!
I have mentioned in the past that the hubby and I are not big drinkers. It is just not our thang. Occasionally, we will share a bottle of wine (which has been happening more lately in an attempt to liven things up during the dull NYC Winter) but it is not a regular occurrence. Sometimes, I want to drink a glass of champagne or a have fun cocktail with dinner. Billy doesn’t care for champagne so I have to go it alone. Therefore, this recipe is for one drink.
Here are the cast of characters:
I used a Sofia Mini as the base for this. I think they are totally genius. In case you are unfamiliar with the Sofia Mini, it is an individual can of champagne (complete with it’s own straw). They are perfect for me so that I can enjoy a glass of champs without having to commit to drinking a whole bottle. I always have a few on hand in my fridge for when the mood strikes me. You can use any champagne or prosecco though.
To begin, I filled my glass halfway with champagne. Then I added a quarter of a glass of pineapple juice and a quarter of Malibu. I finished with a tiny splash of Grenadine for color. I had a lemon on hand so I garnished with a slice to make it even more festive.
The result is light and fruity and makes me feel like I am on a tropical beach somewhere. If I cant actually bask in the Sunshine at least I can drink like I am able to.
Happy Friday Gals and cheers to another weekend! I am linking up today with the lovely: Darci, Amanda and Della. Here are my five favorites:
Does anyone else love Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets? This one had me cracking up!
I am super excited about Valentine’s Day! The hubby and I have decided against going out to dinner on the actual day. It is a Saturday night and most restaurants will be packed and offer a Prix Fixe menu. Other years when we have tried to have a romantic night out on VDay it seems too rushed and crowded. Instead, we are going to hang with Taylor and go out the following weekend. I loved this article from Chelsea with some ideas on how to celebrate at home.
I am making this early next week in my crock pot. Mmmmmm. How good does that look?
Better Call Saul airs two episodes this weekend I am PSYCHED!
Last but not least, I am so excited to be teaming up with some of my favorite blogger friends to bring you a really fun giveaway! Be sure to enter below for the chance to win a $150 Victoria’s Secret gift card!
Happy Hump Day! Today I am linking up with Mia to share my January Favorites! Here goes:
1. Vaseline Advance Healing Lip Therapy. For years I have been using a whole slew of products to combat the dry lips that I experience every year thanks to the brutal NYC cold. I thought I had a winner in Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment but it is pretty expensive at $22 a tube. Then, when my hubby broke his ankle I was in the hospital with him for a few days and my lips were super chapped. Of course I had no products with me for that so I went down to the gift shop. All they had was the Vaseline so I bought it. It is my new FAVORITE. It is not greasy and doesn’t sit on your lips like gloss. It absorbs immediately and actually softens and smooths. I love it so much that on my last trip to Target I bought ten tubes. Taylor thought I was nuts but I will never use anything else.
2. Women’s Nike Free 5.0 V4 Running Shoes. I have wanted these for a super long time but they were sold out. I finally found them at Finishline and am totally in love. Super comfy and maybe at some point I will stop being so lazy and wear them to work out. Maybe.
3. Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I know I am behind the trend on this one. Everyone has been raving about MO products for a while and I did try the oil a while back and I didn’t love it. A few weeks ago I got a Keratin treatment for the first time – LIFECHANGING – and my hairdresser recommended this brand because it doesn’t have sulfates. I’ve been using it for a few weeks and I’m pretty happy with it. It smells great.
4. The Woman Who Stole My Life. I am going to do a full review on this in the near future but I love Marian Keyes and this was worth reading.