Okay, so I have been totally slacking on my check-ins for the Literary Ladies Summer Reading Challenge. This one was supposed to be posted last week and I forgot. Sorry gals! I am still reading and following along though so it is not a complete loss.
Here is my check-in for August:
* A YA book (mandatory!) ~ Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (See previous check-in for review.
* Non US Author (mandatory!) ~ Woman With a Secret by Sophie Hannah
* A book that was recommended by a blogger (mandatory!) ~ Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin (recommended by Kristen)
* A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more ~ The Carrier by Sophie Hannah
* A book with a kickass female character ~ Divergent by Veronica Roth
I really liked this book. I had seen the movie so I knew what to expect but sometimes when I feel let down when I have a character and plot already established in my brain and then try to see the book or movie afterwards. This one did not disappoint though.
* A book that is or will be a movie (or TV show) ~
The Martian by Andy Weir UPDATE – I have decided to read Paper Towns by John Green instead. I keep seeing the commercial for the movie and I think it looks great.
This one was strange for me because I had a blog friend that HATED it so much that they demanded a refund from Amazon. I was scared to read it after that but I decided to give it a shot anyway and I actually really enjoyed it. It was slow-going and not packed with excitement but there were certain parts that just resonated with me. I took a screenshot of this page because I thought it was so true. Life would be boring if we were all the same.
* A book written by a comedian or celebrity ~ The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane Von Furstenberg
* A book with a one word title ~ You by Caroline Kepnes
You was great. Thank you to Kari for recommending it. It was so creepy and so detailed. It made me want to delete all my details off the internet immediately.
* A suspenseful book – a mystery, a thriller, a book about revenge ~ The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (recommended by every blogger I know) (See previous check-in for review. * A book about Summer, with Summer in the title ~ Summer Secrets by Jane Green (See previous check-in for review.
Okay, so I have four books left to go for this month. I am actually halfway through one of them and on vacation this week so I should be able to finish up my list in time for the deadline. I actually really love being part of this club and I am hoping that the K ladies will maybe put together a Fall book club! What say you Kristen, Kari and Kay?