Happy Friday you guys! This weekend is all about packing, packing and more packing for me. I am moving next Saturday into my new apartment and I have not even put ONE single thing in a box. Pray for me because I am a hot mess! I THINK everything should work out fine in the end though. The apartment is starting to come together and I am really excited to finally live there!
1. Not Stressing. There have been a lot of snafus happening this week involving paint. I don’t know why. I am just jinxed I guess. The first issue was when the paint at Home Depot got screwed up somehow and my landlord painted my kitchen and hallway…PURPLE. I walked in and had a mini-heart attack. I was so traumatized that I didn’t even photograph it. Thankfully, he fixed it and it already is the lovely shade of Benjamin Moore Tranquility that I originally requested.
The second issue came when I picked colors for my Master Bedroom. I showed you guys this inspiration swatch:
In reality it turned out like this:
I would love to tell you that it was less bright in person. It wasn’t. It was actually way worse…like blinding. Which leads me to my mantra in these past few days….
I have a painter coming in on Saturday to prime and paint my crazy looking bedroom. Thank Goodness!
2. New Direction. I think I am going to go with something more like this:
The second color may be the one. It is Benjamin Moore’s Sugarcane. Has anyone ever used it?
3. Lighting. I snatched up two of these gold lovelies for my master bedroom! I am so excited about it because I had them in my cart at Target.com but when I went to check out they were gone and sold out! I was so bummed but I looked back this afternoon and was able to buy them! Woot woot!
4. Chalk Paint. I scoured the internet and went to tons of furniture stores but I was not able to find a kitchen table and chairs that was right for my kitchen. Then, I stumbled upon a solid wood set on a website like shoppok that would be perfect but needs to be painted and I bought it (despite not being particularly handy or having any experience painting anything). I am going to do that tonight using chalk paint and it should be an experience. I have been reading tons of tutorials on Pinterest and I am eager to see it turns out fabulous or winds up being a Pinterest Fail.
5. Vanity. I just found this one on Spoonful of Style (she has amazing taste) and realized it was from Ikea! I love it and it is so affordable! I really want to get more organized in my new place with where I do my makeup. Right now I sit on the floor and use my full length mirror. I spread my makeup out and Jeter steals various brushes and then I have to stop what I am doing to chase him. It is a disaster.
Alright my loves, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! xo