Woo Hoo! Friday! I am gearing up for a pretty fabulous weekend. Minimal errands, brunch with a girlfriend and getting my hair done. Not too shabby!
1. Keurig Mini. It is safe to say that I have a pretty serious caffeine addiction. I just added another coffee brewer to my collection this past weekend. I have a Nespresso machine but sometimes I want regular drip coffee instead of lattes or espresso. I had an older Keurig but it was so big that I never used it. This little guy is perfect though! There is no water reservoir. You just pour in the amount you need for one cup in the top, insert your K Cup and press the brew button. Easy peasy!
2. Kitchen Island. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was stalking the Crate & Barrel Belmont Island. It was pretty expensive at $596.75. (That is after using a 10% off coupon, too!)
I am pretty proud to say that I didn’t buy it. Instead I found something more reasonably priced. Years ago I would have just bought it anyway on a credit card and justified to myself that we were getting our taxes back soon or that it was the star of the kitchen and needed to be a decent piece. That landed us in some pretty heavy debt. Since selling our house I am totally debt free and it is a really nice feeling. I am trying to make more responsible financial decisions. Thanks to the internet (how did people survive without it?) I was able to find a similar island that suits my needs probably better than the first one! (Picture it without the heinous wheels. I don’t plan on using them.)
The dimensions are almost identical and I like the open shelving. The best part is that it is – wait for it – $400 cheaper than the first island! #Boom
3. Trump. I am not a fan of his personally but two hilarious things involving him happened this week that gave me a good chuckle. The first was this tweet:
That’s pretty brutal. It’s like something straight out of Mean Girls. I would never elect a President that operated that way but I still thought it was pretty funny.
The next thing is this video:
Can I just say that Jimmy Fallon’s wig looks more real than Trump’s actual hair, lol!
4. Fitbit Flex. I mentioned last week that I discovered the health app on my iPhone and it totally opened my eyes to how few steps I was taking each day? Well, today I took it a step further (see what I did there?) and bought a FITBIT! I have officially drank the Kool Aid! Do you have tips? What do I need to know about this thing?
5. Funny. I am going to leave you with this today:
I just died laughing when I saw this on Insta. I love her crazy eyes in he pic. Hahahaha!
Okay loves! Have a fabulous weekend! xo