Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY! This week seemed never ending! I woke up on Thursday and thought it was Friday. Then, I remembered what day it actually was and it was such a letdown. Anyway, it IS really Friday now so all is well. This week I am linking up with The Lauren Elizabeth, The Diary of a Real Housewife and Hello Happiness. If you get a moment, you should swing by their blogs and show some love.
Without further ado, here are my five favorites from the past week:
1. I just bought tickets for the family to see the new Cirque Du Soleil show, Amaluna, in April. We go to a lot of their shows and I cant wait to see this one because there is water element to it that should be different and entertaining. For those that don’t know – Cirque Du Soleil is a french circus. It is full of colors, beautiful sets and costumes, amazing acrobatics and wonderful music – without any of the clowns or animals (which is a plus for me. I don’t think the animals are treated properly and that is my least favorite part of Ringling Brothers and Big Apple Circus). It is a more streamlined, grown up circus focused on the acrobatics. I do see many children there and it is suitable for people of all ages but it is not as cutesy as a regular circus.
2. I went to my dentist for an adjustment in my Invisalign last month. (My teeth shifted due to having a crown replaced.) I went back on Saturday to pick up my trays and discovered there were 10 sets of them (20 weeks worth). Also, my poor little Taylor had to pick up her spacer from the orthodontist this week. (She has a narrow smile and has to wear this for about nine months before she can get her braces on.) So, we have our little matching retainer cases in the bathroom. This is not really a favorite now but I guess it will be when we both have perfect smiles in the future. Also, it is really sweet how mature and responsible Taylor is with her spacer.
3. My hubby has been working a lot of overtime lately, so I have been trying to prepare dinners that I can make the night before and then easily re-heat (since we are eating a lot later than usual). I made meatloaf this week that we had on Tuesday and Wednesday night. It was absolutely delicious and so nice to have a home-cooked meal despite our busy schedules. If you are interested, the recipe is here.
4. Taylor had her soccer luncheon and got a pretty fancy trophy. It has a ball that spins and a plaque engraved with her name. I just love her little face.
5. This made me laugh. I totally need one of these! My hubby’s snoring is so loud.
Okay lovelies, I hope you have a fabulous weekend! My birthday is Monday (St. Paddy’s Day) so we are going to dinner to celebrate on Saturday night. We also have a birthday party for our friend’s adorable little girl so it should be a fun few days!
P.S. I am trying to expand my social media following – especially on Twitter. Below are links to all my accounts. If you have an account for any of the sites below, please leave it in the comments section and I will be sure to follow you back! 🙂