New York City Winters are no joke. Thankfully, this one has been pretty mild so far. I know it is coming though. Things are going smoothly and then of a sudden it’s below zero, there are 20 inches of snow on the ground, I can’t find one my gloves, I realize I don’t own a shovel and we have run out of milk. At the end of the day, I always survive though…even if it means paying neighborhood kids to dig out this shovel-less girl’s car. Continue reading
Over the Summer I cut my hair pretty short. (Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t get a buzz cut or anything but I took off a significant amount of length.)
View this post on Instagram
That time I chopped all my hair off…😱 #shorthair #shorthairdontcare #alittleglitter #blonde #gottakeepitfresh #hair #hairstyle #instahair #TagsForLikes.com #hairstyles #haircolour #haircolor #hairdye #hairdo #haircut #longhairdontcare #braid #fashion #instafashion #straighthair #longhair #style #straight #hairoftheday #hairideas #braidideas #perfectcurls #hairfashion #hairofinstagram #coolhair
My husband and I were in the early stages of separating, I was super stressed and I needed a change. At the time it felt very freeing and it also had the added benefit of making my beauty routine easier, so that was nice. As time passed though, I started to miss my long locks.
Even now, I have gained a few inches but I still feel like it is growing at a snail’s pace. I’ve even been taking vitamins with Biotin but nothing seems to be helping.
When Irresistible Me reached out to collaborate on a review I was really excited about the prospect of having long hair instantly! I was nervous though. I am not a professional hair person by any means and I have never used extensions before. I was intimidated by the thought of putting them in but after checking out their website I felt a lot better. There have a ton of information on their website and Pinterest that put my mind at ease. There are pictures and videos showing the different colors, lengths and wefts of hair and tutorials on how to attach the pieces. This one really made me feel confident that I would be able to put them in properly.
I went on their website to choose the length, weight and color of my extensions. This part was actually very difficult for me. Even though they have charts and videos to help you choose the shade closest to your color, my hair is dark blonde with platinum blonde highlights. I was not sure what color to match the extensions to since I have two very different shades happening. I ultimately decided to go with light brown color so that it would match the darker tones on the underside of my hair. I am so glad I did that! It wound up looking great!
There are tons of different colors you can choose from and when you get your order there are two different sealed packages of hair inside. One contains your extensions and the other contains smaller sample pieces that you can put on to confirm that you ordered the right color. If you need to return or exchange just send back the sealed package of extensions and you are good to go. I thought that was a really smart idea. This way you can try on the hair in the comfort of your own home without being stuck with it if you ordered the wrong shade.
I chose 20″ length and I decided on 200g in weight. I was really aiming for length and volume and looking for a dramatic difference from my real hair. The 200g comes with ten pieces. Included in the box were:
This chart really helped me narrow down the length. I am glad I looked at it before ordering though. Since I was wanting long hair I probably would have gone with the longest possible option had I not seen it and it would have felt like too much for me. I am 5’11 and the 20″ length was almost down to my waist!
My first impression of my Irresistible Me extensions was that it was A LOT of hair. I was really excited about it. I also could not believe how quickly it arrived! They ship their products from China so I thought I would have to wait a while but it came super quick. I got it within a week.
I finally got the chance to experiment with my new hair last weekend and my first impression of them is that the extensions are FUN! Even my friend’s son got in on the action! He sported a boy bob and a mullet!
My hair grows pretty slowly and I have to cut it regularly due to bleaching it blonde. I have never been able to have such a fabulous, voluminous mane before and I LOVED IT! I really felt like a mermaid!
The difference between my normal everyday hair and my hair with the Irresistible Me extensions was striking and I was really impressed with how real the hair felt. It did not feel awkward, itchy or like I was wearing a wig. (I worried about all those things.) I wore them two full days in a row and I was very comfortable.
I am really looking forward to styling it different ways in the future. I cant wait to see how it all looks curled for a night out or even in a cute braid! Overall Irresistible Me made me a believer! I had not considered extensions before and now I am hooked!
If you are in the market for extensions, Irresistible Me is offering 20% off for new customers with the code GET20OFF!
Disclaimer: I was sent the extensions by Irresistible Me in exchange for an honest review – all opinions are 100% my own.
Phew! It is FINALLY Friday and FINALLY the end of February! Was it just me or was this the longest month ever?
Here are my memorable moments from the past week:
1. Saturday I was able to finally banish my roots. That was a big relief. Hopefully my new ombre hair color will be less maintenance! So far I love it.
2. My friend’s little brother, Ryan, is the most inspirational little guy ever. He has been extremely sick for a while (I don’t really want to disclose the nature of his illness since it is not my place) but suffice to say it is very serious and yet he remains so positive and upbeat. While recovering, he has been making some amazing bracelets and has developed a website to sell them. I just received two of them the other day and they are so intricate! If you are interested in buying one the website is: http://ryancarasitihopebracelets.yolasite.com/. I hope you will take a minute and a few dollars to make a wonderful guy’s day.
3. Tax Time! What What! (Insert me raising the roof!) (Insert me realizing that the kids don’t do that anymore and I am officially old!) (Insert me NOT CARING because I’m rich!) Just kidding. I’m not rapper rich but I do love tax time because I get a few dollars back. I wish I could buy a new purse with it but it is looking like we are getting a new roof instead. #oldpeopleproblems.
4. Since Taylor is now old enough to have sleepovers, last weekend she slept out at her friend’s house! I missed her terribly but it was also nice to have some alone time with the husband. We got to drink a little wine and watch Boardwalk Empire and it was not a bad time.
5. Lately, I have felt like even after I wash my hair it doesn’t feel properly “clean”. I started to speculate that since I use a lot of products they may have caused a build up. I did some research online and everyone raves about Bumble and Bumble’s Sunday Shampoo. It is a clarifying shampoo that strips away all the gunk and leaves your hair fresh and clean. I bought it a few weeks ago and finally got around to using it and oh my gosh – I am in LOVE! It has a great minty smell and leaves my hair squeaky clean. It really makes my new color pop, too.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to watching the new Scandal (which is waiting for us on the DVR), my adorable nephew’s first birthday party and going to see Anchorman! What do you guys have planned?