Last week I attended the Real Techniques launch party for their new Bold Metals luxury brush collection at the beautiful Hudson Hotel.
Real Techniques is a makeup and brush line created by the talented sisters, Sam and Nic Chapman. You may know them from their popular Youtube channel, Pixiwoo. They post fabulous tutorials and I find them to be both charming and knowledgeable. They have had a brush line out for a while but their new Bold Metal range is a total game-changer. It feels so luxurious. Each brush is weighted for optimal control and comfort. They feel substantial and expensive. I also really love the metallic bases and the supersoft bristles.
I have to confess that I have always used my fingers to apply makeup but since attending this launch I have become addicted to these Bold Metal brushes and I think they make a big difference. They also look gorgeous on your bathroom counter.
In addition to a fun photo booth and a makeup station (where there were artists on hand to do touch-ups using the Bold Metals brushes), Sam and Nic also appeared from London via Skype to introduce the line.
Photo courtesy of Michelle Lucille photography.
You can learn more about the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection on their website. They are currently for sale at Ulta and Boots.
TGIF is right! This frigid weather is KILLING me. I am having so much trouble motivating. This weekend I have to head to the dentist to deal with the tooth that has been hurting me for the better part of a month. Other than that my plans are sweatpants and couch snuggles. (Then I wonder why I am getting fat, right? Oh well.)
It’s been a while since I have done one of these but today I am linking up with Lauren, Amanda and Natasha for my Friday Faves. Let’s jump right in…
1. I love this entryway? Such a clever idea to paint the inside of the door a pretty color!
2. I went to an event the other night at the Hudson Hotel and I was blown away by the gorgeous chandelier they have in the lobby.
3. This Skinny Chicken Pot Pie Soup from Emily is calling my name! How good does this look?
4. I ran out of Glam Glow so I was going to buy another pot of it but it is SO expensive. Then I remembered this sample pack that they have on their website for $11.99! It includes samples of their eye treatment and three of their muds! That is a GREAT deal!
5. I just treated myself to this gorgeous dress by BCBG thanks to a gift card. Now if Spring would only hurry up so I can wear it already!
Alrighty, well I hope you all have a fun weekend! xo