Here are some things I have been loving from around the web:
1. Those delicious pieces of fried goodness are cream cheese wontons made by the Pioneer Woman (who I have a total food-girl crush on). I am not the biggest cream cheese fan but I can think of 21634354354 things off the top of my head that would make for a delicious filling – such as banana and nutella, beef and cheese (like a philly cheesesteak), shrimp, chicken and salsa, oh the list goes on and on. I am definitely going to have to get to work on some wontons soon. Mmmmmmm!
2. A Cup of Jo has an article about how garlic can cure pimples. I am just going to say this now: if this is true than I want the thousands of dollars that I wasted on creams/lotions/serums/vitamins/doctors from my teen years back. I am totally going to try it the next time I have a breakout. Could it be possible that the solution to a problem that plagues so many is that easily solvable? I will let you know how it works out for me.
3. A Beautiful Mess just posted the most totes adorbs cupcakes for your Oscar parties! BUTTERED POPCORN CUPCAKES YOU GUYS! These are awesome! I am not having an Oscar Party (unless you count me eating Cadbury Eggs and judging the red carpet dresses as a party) but I think these would translate to other themes and occasions so well. I can picture making them for a movie night or a sleepover party.
4. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues comes out this weekend and I cant even DEAL with how funny the trailers are! I am definitely going to see it with the hubby this weekend.
5. Thrifty Decor Chic did a great job stenciling her basement wall! I am dying to re-do my powder room and I want to either stencil the ceiling or do a subtle stencil job on one wall. I was thinking of doing a matte charcoal grey wall and stenciling a pattern in the same shade but glossy to give it a little kick. I’m not entirely sure yet what I am going to do in there but I find the above picture so inspirational.
Every year (except this one) I start my Christmas shopping in August. I try my best to be prepared. This year I totally fell off and in the upcoming week I have some shopping to do but I do have ideas as to what I plan to buy and I thought I should make some suggestions for you as well. Here are some items that I own or that I would love to own:
1. Sorel “Joan of Arc” Boot. These are not the most glamorous boots but let’s face it – it’s cold out and I’m sick of Uggs. I think these would actually look pretty cute with some jeans.
2. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier. Ree Drummond is amazing and her recipes are so easy to follow and delicious. I am going to post my own modification to one of her receipes later in the week that is a staple at Bannon Castle.
3. Tocca Florence Candle. This is my favorite candle of all time. The packaging is gorgeous and the scent is sublime. This makes a great hostess gift.
4. Ellen Tracy Coat. I personally own this coat. I searched for years for a dress coat like this and finally discovered it in September. I know it is a bit pricey but it’s worth it. People stop me in the street to compliment me on it constantly. Definite show stopper. I want to buy three more and lay them up in case anything every happens to the one I own.